"The Collector Playset" - A Tribute to Comic Books

Hi Everyone! This piece was so fun (and challenging) to make, just in terms of figuring out how to make miniature memorabilia and replicas from all of our favorite comics (yes, I blended DC and Marvel, yes, that’s sometimes blasphemous, but not in our house). Since this piece had a few action figures in it, I decided to package it all up like an action figure accessory pack. The front is open to not have glare, since there are no lights in this one. Lots of photos. Enjoy!

Actual pictures of the inside used on the outside

I used the GF to engrave/cut the brackets for the shelves from medium white acrylic, and also the Hulk hands, Iron Man helmet, Flash lightning bolt, monitor, Wonder Woman clock, computer chair, Superman figure, Mjolnir, the poster frames, and the baseboards from medium PG draftboard. The rest is 1/16" chipboard, cardstock, paper, toothpicks, etc. Size 5" x 7" x 3".

Thank you for stopping and taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

47 Likes

Another feast for the eye. Thanks for sharing this bit of inspiration.

12 Likes

So cute! Like the filing drawer in the desk - and so many other details. I can see how much you love thinking through creating these and putting them together.

14 Likes

This is so amazing

9 Likes

Totes sharing this one with my SO :smiley:

Love the can of Fanta!

11 Likes

I think this is your best one yet! The details are so perfect - the little filing basket, the desk computer equipment (all of it), the composition book, the Fanta cans - especially the crushed! You didn’t leave out anything. You are amazing my friend!

11 Likes

…Looking for the full sized Antman…?

9 Likes

You are a marvel! Spectacular project!

7 Likes

Amazing and especially appropriate to post on “Free Comic Book Day”. I always love zooming into the pictures of your creations and marveling at all the detail you include. Thanks for the share.

8 Likes

I see what you did there!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Well now I want in. You did a Super job.

Love it

7 Likes

Completely mind blowing!! I love your eye for detail!!! Great job!!

3 Likes

I love it.

5 Likes

@odzicari I saw this on Mastodon and thought you’d enjoy!

4 Likes