The daily rant: words of encouragement, humor, birthday wishes, etc

Knowing rpegg’s employment I wouldn’t really be surprised if there were a Phalanx system tracking the vehicle.

6 Likes

No. But won’t confirm whether there could be Drone surveillance of package movement.

12 Likes

I had something delivered by UPS a couple months back and my email alert for package delivery included a link to a near-real time map of the delivery truck’s progress all along the route. The driver was surprised to see me since I almost never hear the door bell in the basement shop. Presumably UPS uses GPS, but drones sounds like more fun.

1 Like

oh man I hope they make this a reality soon. I would LOVE to know when my stuff is arriving.

I wish they had this 15 or so years ago when I lived on the 4th floor and the UPS man would already have the ‘sorry I missed you’ tag written up and would stick it to the door and drive off before I could make it downstairs. He was my nemesis

7 Likes

As I recall, this was for a guaranteed 10:30 am delivery so that might have had something to do with it. The driver indicated that she and other drivers were not happy with customers updated by GPS - she seemed to feel it was a security risk. When I do happen to catch them delivering I always try to tip them a few bucks. I don’t know if it makes a difference but I get really good service to my home. When it is time-critical and/or signature-required I always leave a note at the door with my cell number and they always call. They probably don’t like return delivery attempts any more than we do.

A few years back I kept missing a FedEx driver and he actually called me to see when I would be home. He got a nice tip, too.

6 Likes

I’m one of the few business in my park with daily hours and an open sign, so I end up receiving shipments from all my neighbors because UPS/FedEx (OOPS/FedUP) does not like making two trips to the same place in one day.
Now they all owe me favors… muahhahaha

4 Likes

Seems like you should be the ones getting tips, or at least bottles of 35-year old single malt Scotch at Christmas!

2 Likes

lol… you are generous.

I give them stickers.

1 Like

At an old job we gave our UPS driver a bottle of Johnny Walker every year for Christmas.

Great service all year.

1 Like

Past tents… my wife is looking at me with THAT face as I snicker. Ha

2 Likes

After manually rotating the heavy machinery, the worker became very cranky.

A basketball player and a jockey just robbed a bank. Police are looking high and low.

It’s a lengthy article about Japanese sword fighters, but I can Samurais it for you.

The proctologist reassured the patient that his problem could be rectified.

10 Likes

I’ll post this now before I lose my train of thought.

15 Likes

“I wanted to take home the leftovers from the BBQ, but someone foiled my plans.”

My pet bird can predict the future. He is an omen pigeon.

12 Likes

22 Likes

The preacher annotated his hymn book making it a guided missal.

To add to the punishment, Satan made all the tormented souls listen to elevator music. The Hells are alive with the sounds of muzak.

A good carpenter will do his work and varnish without a trace.

The moose had indigestion so he took an elkaseltzer.

I knew I had passed the thermodynamics exam when the people who mark the degrees centigrade.

10 Likes

“When notes get in treble, bass-ically they get put behind bars. An alto-nate punishment is to push them off a clef and hope they land flat on sharp objects.”

21 Likes

Okay, you got me with the microphone…ROFL! :smile:

5 Likes

I agree with @Jules I made an inappropriately loud sound when I read that. Well played :joy:

2 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes