The daily rant: words of encouragement, humor, birthday wishes, etc

Ahhhh! A disbeliever. :wink:

I should let my sister tell you the story…she still describes it as… “a marionette falling slowly through jello.”

(She has a way with words. English major. Chuckle!)

7 Likes

Is that why two day family visits seem to last a week?

8 Likes
5 Likes

Yes, I take naturalistic explanations to the point of being exasperating. I believe what you and the observers and myself on several occasions experienced was Chronostasis.

8 Likes

Interesting strategy. :thinking:

Perhaps a karmic balancing act, so to speak…

3 Likes

Mankind has a need to label and categorize everything. (Removing all of the mystery and wonder in the world…incorrectly most of the time.)

I’ll keep my beliefs. They have served me well. :wink:

10 Likes

The problem with time dilation is that time speeds up right afterwards to catch up.

8 Likes

“We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!”

-Vroomfondel
(D. Adams. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)

9 Likes

If they serve you well then great.
I guess this is one of the few places we disagree.
I think when we unweave the rainbow it doesn’t lose anything but instead becomes all the more fascinating. The way the light gets refracted in the water mist, the way the eye and then the brain processes the different wavelengths into colors…

6 Likes

Can’t imagine how boring the world would be if everyone agreed on everything… :wink:

5 Likes

And don’t forget about the nuclear family. When proton aunt Sarah and proton uncle Phil start screaming politics a family with a lot of neutrons can stick together, but a family without enough stabilizing particles experiences a fission event.

7 Likes

We call that a feud. A Family Feud. (Bah-dump-dump!) :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Ever see an elephant hiding in a tree?

That’s because they are so good at it!

6 Likes

Elephant jokes!!!

What is clear on the outside and grey on the inside? An elephant in a baggie!

5 Likes

What do you get if you cross an elephant with a rhino?

#'ell if I know

6 Likes

kicked out of the zoo…

7 Likes

I agree.

Mankind has always had an insatiable desire to understand, and we finally learned to document our discoveries so that another of a different time could carry the work forward. That’s why we enjoy the wonders of the modern world. :ribbon:
“Death could no longer silence us.” - Sagan

:sweat_smile: Yes, error is the lesson - and it is usually a reflection of a model that was not completely described. Trial and error is how we get there! :+1:
There is sooo much wonder and amazement out there, and understanding that thunder is the result of super-heated air expanding - breaking the sound barrier gives me a peace but made our ancestors fear angry gods.
Personally I revel in my comprehension of creation. “If there is anything special about us, it is that we are able to understand the universe.”

I certainly understand the desire not to remove the mystery and wonder, but the universe is full of it! :nerd:
“The more we learn, the greater we find is our ignorance.” - first issue of National Geographic.

19 Likes

Quoting uncle Carl will always get all my likes.

8 Likes

Another favorite of that weapons-grade intellect talks about our journey through the struggle to understand… "The answers have always been there, we just didn’t know how to read them."

11 Likes

Ok, you people are getting off-topic!

Knock! Knock!

Who’s there?

Control Freak.

Con—

Okay, now you say, “Control Freak who?”

13 Likes