The daily rant: words of encouragement, humor, birthday wishes, etc

:open_mouth: :anguished:

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ Must say, itā€™s a 2005 but I really have loved this car, and denting it makes me a little sad and a little angry. My wife thinks itā€™s not a big deal, but Iā€™ll probably go ahead and get it repaired. :wink:

1 Like

Tom, what better way can I start my return appearance, than to wish you a Happy Birthday !
Glad I got in under the wire .
John :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

It has bee a long time since living anywhere it might snow (though it snowed in Miami in 1977) But I kept hearing of folks having a ā€œWinter carā€ that was basically a used beater that would probably bump into things but they would not care.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know. Be a 3-car family? Seems decadent. :wink:

1 Like

Usually something you could buy for $50 at that time. perhaps easier to keep back then.

3 Likes

How nice! Welcome back! Meet the new johnbrooker, same as the old johnbrooker! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:tulip::hibiscus::birthday::pie::boom::cake::champagne::tada::clinking_glasses::confetti_ball::gift::four_leaf_clover::sun_with_face::lollipop::balloon::trumpet: Happy Cake Day @geek2nurse :tulip::hibiscus::birthday::pie::boom::cake::champagne::tada::clinking_glasses::confetti_ball::gift::four_leaf_clover::sun_with_face::lollipop::balloon::trumpet:

4 Likes

Indeed, Happy Cakeday @geek2nurse!

4 Likes

Ditto! HCD big sis!

3 Likes

Happy cake day @geek2nurse. Enjoy your day and keep off that ankle. :grin:

4 Likes

These days itā€™s more often the other one I have to baby! Except when going down stairs; it still doesnā€™t like to flex quite far enough. But weā€™re getting there. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yikes! I have just about been bathing in Icy-hot trying to not rely on pills. When you take the load off one the other tends to feel abused. Enough exercise is good but past that I am not sure you are not doing more damage. You are the professional so may need to have a conversation that you would give someone else.

Itā€™s how it should be. :slight_smile: My surgeon said itā€™s healed nice and solid and I can do anything with it Iā€™d do with a normal foot. Iā€™ve never had a normal foot before, so Iā€™m still exploring the possibilities! :wink: One thing new is that I can stand on one foot on that side. I always thought my balance was just crummy, but it turns out my ankles just werenā€™t built right for it.

Before surgery, it was like you said ā€“ baby one and the next day the other one didnā€™t want to be walked on. The post-surgical one still gets a little sore and achy by the end of the day, but not the crippling kind of pain Iā€™m used to putting up with after too much time on my feet. It was an ordeal, but Iā€™m already really glad I did it!

7 Likes

that Rudolf one is priceless!

Happy birthday @jbv!

5 Likes

:musical_note:Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear @jbv,
Happy birthday to you! And many moreā€¦ :notes:

3 Likes

thanks! and a happy valentines day to you!

5 Likes

:tada::tada::tada::birthday::cake::cupcake::pie: Happy Birthday!:pie::cupcake::cake::birthday::confetti_ball::fireworks::sparkler::boom::ribbon:

5 Likes

:musical_note:Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear @joe,
Happy birthday to you! And many moreā€¦ :notes:

5 Likes