The dark side of Xmas

So I’m sitting here with the 3d printer running like any good Xmas and I think of this friend that could use this. I’d been wanting to try edge lit for the longest time but just today did I get around to it. Too late to deliver today but I sent him this photo. It is so fun to be able to do nice things for that are in no way expected.

20 Likes

That’s a nice last-minute gift! :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s good! Did you see Joel Telling’s share of the Siemens ornament? It’s pretty cool. I’m going to print it next. Been keeping mine going 24/7 these days.

Is great to have the Glowforge. It’s been so reliable. I can start it up, do a job and then shut it down. Fairly reliable #6 six.

4 Likes

I almost feel cheated to only be on #2 and I’m only on that due to the PRU program.
I find both the Lulzbot Taz6 and the :glowforge: to be real workhorses.

2 Likes

Anything Empire is epic. Love this.

2 Likes

Maybe the best way. Plus the ease of it makes it so painless. Easy, painless, and so appreciated!

1 Like

Yeah, but @marmak3261 is on 6 only because of the PRU and the MakerFaire where he got to use another of the mothership’s GFs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very cool lamp! Obviously that symbol has meaning to everybody else—I just like the symmetry. Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Lol, there’s always one. Think hammer and sickle or swastika but in a galaxy far far away.

3 Likes

Bet your friend was very surprised … And certainly wowed! It’s gorgeous … Love edge-lit projects!

Well done. I can’t wait to make one myself.