The Email! It's mine!

I got my emails!! Guys and gals, I can’t tell you how excited I am!! :+1::grinning::+1:

So I’m currently trying to find a spot to put My Precious, since we just moved…but that’s not why I’m coming to you today.

I have a TON of boxes from the move - good quality, clean cardboard. Any good ideas what I should make first? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So excited to start making with y’all!

63 Likes

I kinda like that cardboard globe light(from the promo video).

Congratulations!

5 Likes

Thanks! That’s a good call. It looks like I have access to the store, but not the design catalog - that must come after I actually get my unit? Hmm…

3 Likes

Congrads!!! It is good to see so many people getting their GF :glowforge: :tada::confetti_ball::fireworks::sparkler::sunglasses:

5 Likes

We have the same ForgeDay! (Should that be what we call the day you get your email?) :slight_smile: Congrats!

I have a stack of cardboard very similar to yours ready to go!

8 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Good question.

prototypes lots of prototypes.

2 Likes

There was a cool little spaceship that someone hand drew and cut out of cardboard recently. It turned out really neat. Maybe try something like that.

2 Likes

Unless somebody’s holding out on me the design catalog is only available to a few beta testers right now. The GFUI comes pre-loaded with several designs, after that hit the free design section of this forum and start designing for yourself. I do hope the design catalog goes Public soon.

8 Likes

Yay yay!! So exciting!!:tada::tada:

3 Likes

Nice … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Kirby Made From Cardboard
Everything Else
1d - kotaku.com Kirby Made From Cardboard Twitter user RMX_Dice completed a cardboard Kirby by slicing each individual pi…
I liked this though a 3d football helmet would be way cool

4 Likes

That’s great!!! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Sweet! Congratulations :tada::confetti_ball::balloon::champagne:

2 Likes

Congrats! Cardboard is great for prototyping and testing, of course. Layered 3-D objects like the Globe in the main GlowForge video are really neat. I’ll be watching this thread for ideas from others…

2 Likes