The Endless Knitting Loom - A month (and some) in the making

So after some tests and changes and tests and changes, the final version of the EAD Endless Barrel Knitting Loom is done. (File Release Tomorrow)

I made a simple “How To” video on how it works and what you need to work with. I hope everyone likes it! Was fun to create and actually a lot of fun to work with. I am constantly surprised by how much can be done with such a simple Loom.

Take a look at the video here https://youtu.be/lRNYwWSF_Dk and let me know your thoughts.

Yes, the piece in the picture was created on the loom. There are so many things that can be done. :slight_smile:

67 Likes

Impressive! Looks complicated.

3 Likes

Not at all. Incredibly simple and with practice gets easier. It was created for those that want to knit but cannot work with 2 needles.

11 Likes

That thing is seriously impressive!

I imagine it’s simpler to someone who understands how to knit as opposed to someone whose only ever seen knitting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nope. It may seem simple to those that understand knitting. But I make it simple enough that anyone can do it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ridiculously beautiful, you’ve outdone your already impressive self!

4 Likes

I have knitted on looms, on straight needles, on circular needles, and on DPNs, as well as with a knitting machine. I am fascinated with this process and look forward to seeing how it was made.

3 Likes

Watched your video, first it’s beautiful, second… WOW. I’m inspired to someday create that.

3 Likes

That looks great! Can the spiky bits be cut from wood instead of acrylic?

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant! So I guess the patent is functional now? That’s great!

If you make a version 2.0 of the video, you might want to pull back a bit for the setup—I couldn’t tell what you were doing with the end of the yarn at 4:28, it was out of camera view. Then at the very beginning of the stitching, an extreme closeup would be helpful. It’s very hard to see which thread you are catching with the crochet hook. But as you say, once you get going it does look quite simple.

Not only is this thing extremely inventive, it is also quite beautiful. Another one knocked out of the park!

6 Likes

Impressive design, executed beautifully.

2 Likes

Very nice like usual

2 Likes

Just… WOW! It looks even better than the proto type! Are you getting a patent still?

3 Likes

That is really impressive! I watched the video and was able to follow along easily. I crochet but never was able to knit…I do believe it would be able to with this.
I just gave the rigid heddle loom to my granddaughter you designed this week for her birthday. She was very excited.

5 Likes

Wow this is awesome! Great design! The video helped me understand how it worked :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing!!!

3 Likes

Another amazing project!!

I think I’ve seen that yarn before, it looks wonderful knitted up!

4 Likes

Stunning!!!

2 Likes

Yes they can. I just found that when working with darker yarn its harder to see.

3 Likes

HAHA. Yeah I have a little bit left. I wanted something colorful for the pictures.

3 Likes

Thank you!