The fallacious coasters

We have been working on making coasters…easy enough for a pre-beginner like myself, right? Lol, wrong! We first used the design posted by geek2nurse (thank you for that) but to sell them we need to make our own vector so we did…and it was terribly square for a hexagon. So I got on AI and made new ones with nice rounded edges. I was so happy with my accomplishment, I slapped some test images on them and pushed that wonderfully glowing button. 38 minutes and some seconds later my coasters emerged. !

15768020198227128895208614858841|375x500

The bottom one is our first attempt at making the vector, the middle one is from geek2nurse’s shapes post and the top one is what I did today.

My mom always said, sometimes you have to drop back 10 yards and punt…so I’ve made shot glass coasters!

Next time I’ll have to adjust the size up some.

18 Likes

Been there, done that! :smile:
(They look cute though!)

3 Likes

And we usually have to crawl before we can walk, and then run… And we learn the most I think when something doesn’t come out exactly the way we wanted the first time! All forward progress on the learning curve!! :wink:

3 Likes

You’ll get there! And the learning curve is fun too!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the affirmation!!! You’re all so great and I’m loving being a part of the community :heart:

2 Likes

The littlest one would make a cute ornament… :wink:

3 Likes

Coasters… The new ashtray… where most of us start. Kitchen magnets are good too as you can get stacks of that magnetized rubber and glue them on. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Glue three of them together to a sheet of cork and you’ve got a perfectly sized trivet! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good start. Plus it’s far better to have an error on a small project, than to waste expensive material. Good way to get your feet wet.

2 Likes

Looks like you rounded the corner of the learning curve.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.