The Forum IRL!

Jules Rules! :bowing_man::bowing_woman:

11 Likes

Geally great items to show off the Glowforge. Very generous.

5 Likes

Ok … @Jules is just amazing!!!

6 Likes

Wow, really thoughtful and generous of you @Jules!

7 Likes

You see… Now @Jules is just gonna have to make more stuff. :rofl:

Seriously though, awesome job @Jules!

6 Likes

Thanks guys…easy decision since I have no kids to let play with them, and people need to handle stuff to see themselves making it.

(I figured if nothing else, it would save their display items from wear and tear.)

Not a big deal. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll post a couple of other little things I’ve been fiddling with in spare moments between organizing sessions and financial statements later tonight…but now I’ve got to go think of something to feed the bear in the kitchen…:thinking:

18 Likes

Show off. Just kidding, you rock!!!

7 Likes

It’s just incredible to see what you’ve done with your Glowforge! I just stopped dead and stared. Then played. Then stared some more. Utterly awesome.

20 Likes

Super Amazing work @Jules
Totally in awe! :hushed: :star_struck:

5 Likes

Awesome @Jules!!!

16 Likes

That’s actually the exact reaction I hope for. I want people to want to touch. :grinning:

12 Likes

My jealousy is huge and suffocating. WOW. Now I have THIS to catch up to when my Forge finally arrives.

Nice job(s), @Jules. Amazing.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Jules’ Jewels Rules!

8 Likes

I love the idea of the Glowforge booth at Maker Faires having items actually made by end users on their Glowforges. I think that would be a huge selling point.

I would totally be willing to donate an item or two to the cause.

9 Likes

I wasn’t sure they would have the space for it, (and they don’t have to use them…those booth setups look pretty small) but I sent some of the smaller things anyway.

Send them a couple of things. :grinning: It might be fun for them to see what they have helped to make a reality, by creating the machine to make it possible. (Whether they get used for Faires or not.)

Everyone ought to send them a couple of small display items, and they can rotate them out to keep things fresh at the different shows. (Poor @Bailey ! You can thank/kill me later, ROFL!) :sweat_smile:

Just do it soon enough that they have time to get the displays and transpo organized. (That does take some time to coordinate.)

11 Likes

Good luck with that, I’ve had a pru for most of the time she has and if you track the forum regularly you know what I’ve turned out.

@Jules came into this as both an experienced crafter and someone with natural talent.
If you lack either, as I lack both, don’t get discouraged, persevering will overcome most of the lack of experience and talent.

11 Likes

Nope, gotta call bull-sh*t on this…I just started trying to learn the design side of things long before i got my hands on a PRU. Had a whole wad of designs just sitting there…waiting.

(And Fusion 360 is still in it’s infancy for me, so you have definitely got the jump on me there. I still use Illustrator for most things, even some of the 3D stuff.) :grinning:

6 Likes

I’m sticking to my story :wink: but you do bring up a very good point. There are enough units in the wild now for anyone that wants to get busy designing can. If you are not sure something will work, just ask.

6 Likes

I’m not surprised at all, she’s Jules :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Chuckle! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::blush:

You guys are making me blush all over again! (Having hot body parts is uncomfortable as all getout down here, and I’m so freaking helpless to stop it.) :joy:

(Heaven help you all if I were to actually start believing all your teasing. You might be creating a :japanese_ogre: )

Do we not have a monster emoti? I probably won’t become a japanese ogre.

11 Likes