The Forum IRL!

Would be neat if they wanted things but if everyone sent just one thing that is like over 6000 things :smiley:
I would kind of like to show my butterfly cell phone stand, it looks better in person heh.

4 Likes

What they should do after all of the machines have been deployed is have a contest for the best thing made from a single sheet of PG material. Each interested person would send in their item for to enter. Winner gets $XXX coupon to the GF store to be used for materials or designs @rita @dan

7 Likes

Send them one. :grinning:

Very few people are likely to participate. On the digital cutter forums, there were less than 1 percent of people doing actual designing. For years. Everybody else used the files that those dozen people created, or changed them, or modified them.

If we can get one percent of the people buying one of these things designing files - that’s actually pretty good, and it will supply a lot of other folks, and fuel excitement for years to come.

Besides, now is a good time to let them have a sample or two…very few people have the machines. (Later, it will be problematic.) :smile:

6 Likes

I don’t have the Glowforge to make stuff, or I might make some things for them to share. I expect to do more designing once I get my unit, though I really should get started right now.

2 Likes

You make a design that intrigues me, I’ll make it. I’m sure several others would do the same.

3 Likes

Well, I have yet to discover what talent I have in the area of design. Most of my GF ideas are taking and modifying current objects already, though I’m hoping to create a few things all my own.

2 Likes

That is the phase I am in, taking @smcgathyfay narwhal cell phone and changing it.
I keep going to go make something then get stuck with “What should I make…” then I end up all over pintrest and the internet in general looking for ideas then suddenly it is time for bed ;D

Always been better at editing stuff then creating stuff from scratch.

7 Likes

Everyone starts out that way though. :grinning:

Try to branch out, like you did with the butterfly (literally - chuckle!) and you’ll be designing your own files in no time.

Some folks really like it and keep doing it. :grin:

4 Likes

Good designers copy; great designers steal. — Pablo Picasso

4 Likes

Fantastic @Jules !!! You never cease to amaze me with your work!

1 Like

Thanks Sal! It’s a stone-cold blast…I hope you guys get yours soon too! (I probably won’t be getting mine for a while, I got hooked and upgraded to Pro.)

Sooooooo, worth it though! :smile:

1 Like