The Gift of Good Measure, and Proofgrade settings changes coming - 10/16/17 Latest Improvements

Yes… That’s why I added my own voice to your question. I wanted the answer too. For the same reason.

2 Likes

It’s opaque bile green (markings colored with Matte Black MTN 94 spray paint). It was a sample that I picked up at a trade show. I had also grabbed a sample of what I thought was florescent orange, based on the exposed edge that I could see under the masking…

23 Likes

(Snort) Hahaha, ‘Bile Green’! Best laugh so far.

6 Likes

So… who’s going to make the reversed version so it can be engraved on the back side of clear acrylic? Or is it all vectors so it could simply be mirrored in the GFUI?

3 Likes

Did mine with paper!

I’m at work :roll_eyes:

My co-worker just asked me what is it?:see_no_evil:

22 Likes

Thanks for reminding me about this!

Here you go: Pasghetti Measurator

7 Likes

Looks toatally legit. Can’t wait to see it cut. :grinning:

3 Likes

Got lazy. Just tried the 2 color acrylic that I had from Inventables. Didn’t bother trying any fancy settings and didn’t measure the thickness. Selected automatic black acrylic and pressed print. Just wanted to see how the 2 color would shine through, wasn’t worried about the detail.

Edit: originally posted a picture with what looked like melted edges on the acrylic under magnification. Then I realized there was a very thin clear mask over the green acrylic. Very hard to see or feel. Peeled right off and the edges look great.

26 Likes

Now I kinda wish I had bought some of that fancy stuff…

2 Likes

I never realized quite how deep the cuts were until I saw the shadow cast from that angle. Is that the same depth for all the lettering, as well?

2 Likes

It’s definitely got real depth to it. In my experience with 2-layer acrylic like that, it’s… say… similar to old-school engraved nameplates. Like these things:

http://www.wausauawards.com/images/interior-signage/medium-wood-grain-plastic.jpg

1 Like

ha ha ha ha…this made me laugh!

2 Likes

This finally showed up in my GFUI, it is going to be another “I’ve got a scrap and 10 minutes” thing. I love these sort of projects. Very little :proofgrade: goes in the garbage around here.

4 Likes

I think I should use my sparkly acrylic for this!!! (Must make time tonight)

1 Like

So here’s mine; I applied Oracal 352 polyester gold film to Draftboard before cutting. Gives it a nice metallic sheen:

41 Likes

Oh man…you had to go and bling it! (I’m not going to be able to afford all the side supplies from seeing what you guys do to the simplest of things…) :smile:

2 Likes

This makes a perfect accessory for my ID holder, which is also available in the design catalog.

16 Likes

So being just a little CDO, I did a few out of PG Acrylic (clear & black). (I like the clear better.) They kerf adjusted the holes :slight_smile: Well at least to my calipers they’re correct. Didn’t want to be drawing no 1/2" holes that were really .493" in diameter :smile:

4 Likes

Indeed…ha ha! :+1:

Love that! I’ve not made mine, yet…looking at all the neat ideas, first.