The Gift of Good Measure, and Proofgrade settings changes coming - 10/16/17 Latest Improvements

I never realized quite how deep the cuts were until I saw the shadow cast from that angle. Is that the same depth for all the lettering, as well?

2 Likes

It’s definitely got real depth to it. In my experience with 2-layer acrylic like that, it’s… say… similar to old-school engraved nameplates. Like these things:

http://www.wausauawards.com/images/interior-signage/medium-wood-grain-plastic.jpg

1 Like

ha ha ha ha…this made me laugh!

2 Likes

This finally showed up in my GFUI, it is going to be another “I’ve got a scrap and 10 minutes” thing. I love these sort of projects. Very little :proofgrade: goes in the garbage around here.

4 Likes

I think I should use my sparkly acrylic for this!!! (Must make time tonight)

1 Like

So here’s mine; I applied Oracal 352 polyester gold film to Draftboard before cutting. Gives it a nice metallic sheen:

41 Likes

Oh man…you had to go and bling it! (I’m not going to be able to afford all the side supplies from seeing what you guys do to the simplest of things…) :smile:

2 Likes

This makes a perfect accessory for my ID holder, which is also available in the design catalog.

16 Likes

So being just a little CDO, I did a few out of PG Acrylic (clear & black). (I like the clear better.) They kerf adjusted the holes :slight_smile: Well at least to my calipers they’re correct. Didn’t want to be drawing no 1/2" holes that were really .493" in diameter :smile:

4 Likes

Indeed…ha ha! :+1:

Love that! I’ve not made mine, yet…looking at all the neat ideas, first.

Where’s the one in full metric?

4 Likes

Love this! Clear would make it easier to use for me. I do like the suggestion of reversing text and using it upside down to eliminate parallax while measuring. Is there a metric version (@rpegg )?

Doubles as a comb for short hair. :wink:

1 Like

i printed a few today but i would realy like an inverse version so that it works as an acrylic ruler

1 Like

Is there a way to personalize the Gift of Good Measure Keychain? Or a way to download the SVG file so we can edit it? My husband would like to give this as a gift with his buddies call signs.

Depends on how you want to alter it. If you want to simply add a name on it somewhere, you can load the GF file, then once on the main screen use the Add button to…add another file with the call sign in it(or signs and move them about after duplicating the measure a few times) and cut. If you’re looking to alter it in other ways, let us know in what way you’re looking to do so.

Thanks for the reply, based on the size he was thinking it would be easy to replace the words Glow forge and replace with call sign.

Hmmmmm…well, on my phone, I can’t seperate that element. Maybe someone on a desktop can check. On my phone it’s fully locked together. A neat trick to maintain alignment but it doesn’t happen when I input patterns.

Yes, The are several layers, but the part that has the Glowforge is locked as one layer. Is there a desk top version, I am using the web page for editing and printing,