The Infinity Box

I present to you, the Infinity Box:

This one is not quite finished yet but I got a little excited and wanted to share.

It’s a 3 inch acrylic box made of one way mirrors. When the lights are out it looks like this:

There are 3 glass spheres and a piece of aquarium rock that are lit from underneath by LED’s, which is just enough light to give it a dusk sort of feel when it’s on.

There is also a star field etched into the top mirror so when you look from underneath it’s like looking at the stars.

For a deeper dive and a look at the model inside, take a look at this short video:

42 Likes

oh man, that video.

4 Likes

WOW. That is amazing!

4 Likes

Wow, that’s ridiculous! In a totally awesome, good way!

3 Likes

Fantastic! What great idea! So much you could do here!!

3 Likes

I watched the video. Your project is very intriguing, I am not sure I understand how it works but it is amazing!

Edit sorry reply meant for OP.

4 Likes

That was exactly what I said! The possibilities are endless.

4 Likes

I see what you did there… :rofl:

2 Likes

Might be fun to combine with something like this from one of the older forum posts:

8 Likes

Wow, a lot of fun to be had!

3 Likes

That is very cool! I love stuff like this.

1 Like

How did you settle on the spheres and aquarium rock? Did you try it with different objects? This is very fun to look at.

3 Likes

really clever design, great work

2 Likes

I was basing it slightly off of a video game I play called No Man’s Sky. Those are elements from the various planets in the game (Gravatino Balls and DiHydrogen) Both have the advantage of being semi-transparent which makes for a nice effect. The final wooden frame will include other elements from the game.

2 Likes

I got that vibe… A favorite VR game when I have time for such things. What happens when you touch one of the gravitino balls? :flushed:

2 Likes

Adorable tiny laser-cut sentinels come after you, of course.

I was figuring an infinity box held five glowing stones, and could be dangerous when snapped shut, but this vibe is pretty awesome, too.

3 Likes

Wow, what a wonderful idea—it’s magical! Can’t wait to see what you do next!

1 Like

This evokes such wonder a magic!

2 Likes

You can’t see my jaw on the floor, but, just know that it’s there!

2 Likes

:laughing: :rofl:

1 Like