The Joy of Design

You never cease to amaze and inspire !

1 Like

My most basic rule on design. If you say “Don’t care”, you are stuck with what I produce. LOL. Obviously, I’m not making my living doing this.

4 Likes

Yeah, but I’m married to this one…he gets special privileges. :smile:

5 Likes

True, but only as much as you afford him. :wink::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m out of likes already. :smile:

3 Likes

I’d invoice him! bahahah!!!

I actually did that once to Captain Awesome! :joy:

14 Likes

I handle all of the accounts anyway and do the accounting…I’d just have to pay myself. :smile:
(He’s the charmer, I’m the worker bee.)

5 Likes

I love your designs Jules, you should be proud no matter what your husband thinks! What I don’t like is the logo on the back, we get a lot of salespeople at work dropping off “gifts” that are no more than self promotional junk that finds it’s way into the trash as soon as possible. If I received an item that was personalized to me I wouldn’t need a logo to remember who gave it to me. To each their own I guess.

6 Likes

Those are outstanding!

…and you “client conference” is priceless!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d put it on the underside where it’s not obnoxious but it’s easily findable if they do manage to forget somehow.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s one of those things that you pretty much have to do as a sales agency. I’ll make it light enough to the point of being subliminal in the final version…that was just to show object placement. :slightly_smiling_face:

I frequently have to work up photos of fishing trips and whatnot for clients, to remind them of the good times that they had at such-and-such an event, and one of the requirements from our end is that the logo has to be in there. I’ve figured out how to do it so that not a single client has ever even noticed it.

I agree they’re obtrusive. But they cost money to create, and serve a function to keep the business alive. I try to be delicate about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

welcome to every day of my life at work.

not much worse than the “i’ll know it when i see it” clients.

2 Likes

Except “I’ll know when I see it” relatives.

3 Likes

I know right? We’re the little minions.

1 Like

they’re still clients, just pickier and with longer-lasting grudges. :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah but the quote goes higher with every round of mock ups for a customer. I’m still waiting for my brother to pay me for some design work I did for him in the 1990s.

1 Like

lol…

i don’t do paying work for relatives. i’ll either do it for free but limit my involvement/time or i’ll claim to be too busy w/regular paying work. it always ends in one or both sides being sad when there’s money involved. and none of them would want to pay my real rates anyway.

9 Likes

Good thing I’m the “OK my rate is $120/hour and the clock started 45 minutes ago” kinda designer.

They make up their minds real quick.

7 Likes

This is a VERY good motto!

2 Likes

this doesn’t work when you’re in-house. and overhead.

sigh

1 Like