The Obligatory Escutcheon

Until the day it replies… “I’m sorry, but I can’t do that Dave…” You’ve been warned. ;p

5 Likes

Cadet Stimpy, press the button, the magic shiney sugar coated button

4 Likes

This is the one I was planning on doing once I get my GF…next month.

That’s when heat from the laser burns the backside of the material. It happens when there is too much power used in a cut.

1 Like

LOVE the Pews!

I was really liking the design but the more I saw it the more “dragon gagging itself” crept into my head till I could not see it another way so I made a quicky change to this

10 Likes

Here’s mine. Walnut and clear plexi with a layer of poplar underneath as a spacer.
mona_escution

34 Likes

Nice! Love Celtic knots. :grinning:

1 Like

That’s about as cool as it can get.
Delicious.
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Really like the look of that. Very nice!

1 Like

Just got my Glowforge on Wednesday and got it setup today. The first thing I created was this escutcheon.

BTW: I named my Glowforge Scotty, which inspired this design.

18 Likes

Oh and you chose Scotty…excellent choice for a maker! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks man!

I guess its my turn :slight_smile:

I left some of the masking on to make him a little more interesting, I might attack it with some paint pens later if I get bored

37 Likes

Waaoooooooo! (Nice offset to look like the moon!) :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Finally, I can contribute to one of my favorite threads (especially since it was someone else who necro’d it). Our GF was set up this afternoon and escutcheoned tonight!

My husband, for whom this is a two-year-late birthday present, teaches Latin. Fornax is one of a couple of ways to say “forge” in that language**. We could have added a second word about light, but they all sounded too contrived.

There will be more to come, I’m sure (this one isn’t even completely weeded yet) but I didn’t want it to go a single night without being properly blazoned. And I can’t believe we finally really deserve that “Owner” next to our names!

** Yes, that’s all. Get your mind out of the gutter. :smirk:

IMG_3986

18 Likes

Go forth and fornax. (Definitely got a ring to it!) :smile:
Great design!

4 Likes

Does that make you fornaxicators? :wink:

4 Likes

It…just might… :grin: Thanks, by the way, to absolutely everyone who has preceded us on this journey and left road signs. We spent hours and hours last night reading the forums and the associated tips pages, now that we can actually see what they refer to!

6 Likes

I don’t think I ever shared mine… now that I got a replacement unit, it’s like starting fresh…

Here’s mine.

25 Likes