The Obligatory Escutcheon

I took a slide rule to work once and nobody knew what it was. Kind of sad. We thought we were cool in school and wore them on our belts like little swords. :grin:

15 Likes

Woohoo! Outstanding. I love it.

That is awesome, now I want a e6b tsd slide rule for an escutcheon.

2 Likes

Yeah. I had fire ones once for Halloween. But it’s hard to get pale blues, greens and greys on top of brown eyes.

But I do look for that if I’m close enough.

1 Like

I’ve been beeping my eye out for one of the big teaching models that use to hang on the wall.

About 10 years ago, Pottery Barn Kids (of all places) had one that was less than $100, but all the scales were wrong! Would not have come close to a right answer.

6 Likes

Not gonna go there! ROFL!

I don’t know how to use one, (by the time I got into engineering the calculator had replaced the slide rule), but I inherited one from my dad, and I’d like to learn to use it one day. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So nice that I have the classic colorless/blue these days. I can use lenses to get any color.

1 Like

It’s wonderful! Very cool idea. Now you need to figure out how to use it to figure out material height when the crumb tray is removed. :wink:

3 Likes

:thumbsup: That’s a great idea. The navy used to use a lot of nomographs and circular rules as job aids-- I’ll have to see what I can come up with.

3 Likes

The difference between appearance and functionality. Maybe a Pro user can put together something for you in the pass-through slot.

3 Likes

I have one of the teaching models. Pm me and maybe we can get it to you.

3 Likes

I had the wolf eye ones back in the days before mandatory prescriptions for non-prescription contact lenses became a thing here in the US.
They were pretty neat. Didn’t wear them near often enough to justify the cost but that’s what being young and stupid is about.
I’d still buy them today if I knew I’d have places to be wearing them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I have prescription lenses. It isn’t usually too hard for me to get a custom prescription for corrective, but the Wild Eyes don’t always have good prescription increments.

Be fun to wear them to a Faire, wouldn’t it? (Wonder if they make Hedgehog eyes?)

2 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t think so, but you aren’t the only person i know that would wear hedgehog eyes if they made them.

1 Like

Are hedgehog eyes like little ‘jewels’ ?

:upside_down:

1 Like

:sunglasses::smile:

Wow Jules …I knew you where beautiful inside…now I know you are outside too.

2 Likes

:wink: