The rail is chipped

I just noticed while cleaning my machine that the rail has small chunks taken out of it. That could cause serious issues with the wheels I had to replace 3 times already. Is there a way I can get a new rail?

If you have replaced broken wheels already, this damage was most likely caused by the metal on metal condition at that time. Support should be along shortly to discuss a resolution with you. Until then you are probably ok to work as usual if the wheels are still turning when the carriage moves.

2 Likes

Hello @jason.belmore,

Thank you for reaching out to us and posting the photos. I sincerely apologize for the delay getting a response back to you, we are a little delayed due to the holidays.

The rail is not a part that can be replaced remotely. Your unit is still covered under our, however, so if you would like we can do a warranty replacement of your unit. Would you like to proceed with a replacement?

Hello Morgan

Yes that would be nice if we could. I can have it ready in January if that is ok? Just let me know the shipping process

Hello Morgan

I am just curious. Could I return this machine and upgrade to the Pro? I would pay for the difference of course.

@jason.belmore, January is fine. I’m not sure if an upgrade is possible, but can have someone from our Customer Success team follow up with you on your request.

We will need to confirm some personal information in order to get the replacement process started, so I’m going to send you a separate email. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder.

Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

Hello Morgan

I have received your email. I did ask if I could just send this unit back and upgrade to the Glowforge pro? Please let me know if this is possible. Also let me know the next step to sending this unit back to your location. Thank you.

Jason Belmore

Hello Morgan

I received your email.

Hi @jason.belmore,

Great! Thank you for letting me know. Please reply back to the email that you would like to proceed, also please go ahead and note your request to upgrade to a Pro unit in your reply. I will add a note to your ticket on my end as well. A member of our Customer Success team will follow up with you regarding next steps. Thank you!

I am going to close this thread now.