The Snooping Spectacles

Good Day!

My name is Matty and I just got joined the Glowforge owner community. For my first creation, this weekend I designed what I call the Snooping Spectacles - live life with some more excitement by always snooping through that closed door! Looking forward to building out more of my ideas on the Glowforge :slight_smile:

36 Likes

Ha! Love it! Awesome first project.
And welcome to the forum! You’ll like it here. A lot of really smart people live here, and most of them are really nice, lol. Great resource when you’re learning the ins and outs if the GF.

5 Likes

Those are awesome! :smile:

2 Likes

Heh heh. Nice job! Keep it legal, though. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank goodness we humans have the ability to accessorize! Everyone needs a pair of those!

Yeah, beats walking around with a door stuck to your face.

4 Likes

only downside is your are going to have to explain what a keyhole even is. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I did not think of that. Modern doors don’t have them. I lived in older houses as a kid so they seem normal to me.

2 Likes

Yep, my grandparent’s house had them.

kind of like the SAVE icon. how many kids have even SEEN a 3.5" floppy?

3 Likes

Those are fantastic! Welcome to the forum!!

1 Like

And they are not even floppy. Now the 5 1/4" … Did i ever tell you how cold it was walking the 30 miles to school?

4 Likes

Like when the IT guy came and asked if the sw dept had any real floppies, because the phone system had crashed, and I said we do handing him a 5 1/4" floppy. And then he said, no not those, the bigger ones.

Yes, that happened this century, but not this decade.

2 Likes

My first programming job included work on IBM DisplayWrite (glorified word processor) and 8100s (mini computer). The DW had 12" floppies & the 8100 had 8". Hundreds of Ks of storage - megabytes were for file cabinet sized hard drives.

Ah, the 80s, everything was bigger then :grin:

1 Like

ya but did you do it UP hill BOTH WAYS? Carrying hot bricks for gloves in deep snow IN florida like I did?

I didn’t think so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have TWO boxes of Elephant brand 5.25" floppies. in celophane wrapper.

2 Likes

I knew i would start this when i posted :grinning: Watch the Four Yorkshiremen.

1 Like

that’s a movie right?

Yes - short sketch with John Clesse

1 Like

Very creative.