The tale of the two echidnas

Once upon a time there were two echidnas. They came from very far away. They like to sit and watch the birds through the window.

IMG_2994

When they saw this chair - which I made for a friend - they wanted to know where that came from…
I told them it came from our Glowforge friend Victor, @designvh619, from his Mission Bedroom designs which I bought.

Well, they wanted two of the chairs, please.
Overnight they slept on it some and decided that they had always sat next to one another - for a very long time - and they didn’t want to be separated by being in two chairs. Could I make a bench, please (they are very polite).

IMG_2989

So, hoping Victor wouldn’t mind, I adapted his design at the echidnas request. They were happy… except… what about Sheila, who always sits with them. She no longer fit sitting in front of them (tugged under to keep warm)… she was falling off the bench. So Sheila needed her very own perch. So I adapted one arm rest.

IMG_2992

Everyone is happy now!

IMG_2991

36 Likes

How sweet! I love that story. (Now they need a table for a tea party.) :smile:

3 Likes

Of course they could be viewed as hedgies, but they have always been echidnas to us.

3 Likes

They do look a bit like hedgies…are the two types of critters related?

3 Likes

Hedgehogs don’t lay eggs…

3 Likes

No, what @eflyguy says…
These ones hang out with a platypus (not in the photos), hence, they are echidnas - same continent at least.

2 Likes

I think they need a table, tea set and potentially a house to live in…

:smiley:

4 Likes

Better not give them any ideas…

5 Likes

Very cute!

(But I first read that as “two enchiladas”.)

7 Likes

You must be hungry…

2 Likes

So glad you were able to accommodate them and make everyone happy!

3 Likes

Delightful!

1 Like

I’ve always found it fascinating that the platypus, and echidnas, lay eggs, yet are mammals… species diversity is a wonderful thing!

1 Like

Adorable! Those are some cool upgrades. And I believe Victor is working on a living room set, so there could be a coffee table for the tea party in your future.

1 Like

Or empanadas… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Adorable! So nice of you to accommodate them!

1 Like

They are very pleased indeed!

1 Like