The waiting game

Hi guys!
I posted something here the other day about a possible lid cable. It was confirmed by a Glowforge staff member and the forum post was closed. I’m not sure why it was closed. The issue still isn’t resolved. I was told to give them my shipping address and phone number. They said once I pay the invoice they’ll ship right away but no invoice…
I requested a back up cable as this happens to me around once every four months.
I also requested rush shipping.
Should I just send the $$ through Paypal to the email I was previously billed to send the $ to?
Risky I know I’m just worried it could take days to get the invoice.
Ideas?
thank you!!! :slight_smile:

They won’t do anything via the forum that contains personal info. Which is why when they closed the post it said “I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this thread”

They will respond to you via email - if you haven’t seen a response I’d double check your spam folder, and add @glowforge.com to your whitelist.

I’m not sure from the way you wrote it above whether you’ve sent them your shipping address and phone number - which they need before they can generate an invoice. If you haven’t, respond to your original email thread with that information.

thanx for the response!
I did get an initial response which is how I found out how much I owed and was asked for that info. At the time of them closing the thread. I totally get what you mean about them closing it because the problem technically was resolved. I just meant like… the issue was diagnosed but the issue of the machine being down isn’t resolved. That’s kind of what drove me to make a new thread now under a new subject matter :slight_smile:
So I sent everything already and was told I would get an invoice right away so that’s why I was wondering should I just send the $ to that email for goods and services in the disclosed amount they requested to try to move things along?

The down side is every time you open a new thread they have to find it, verify it’s a duplicate, and close it before they can continue working on fixing the matter (or in this case, sending you an invoice) - so it’s definitely not in your best interest!

They will not answer via the forum since your question requires personal info. It’s not closed because it’s resolved, it’s closed because they have to continue the conversation via email.

They will get back to you as soon as they can - but it most likely won’t be before you see this thread closed (probably with the same comment as on your other one).

I’ve never had to pay an invoice so I don’t know if they use the same email each time - so I wouldn’t risk it. The likelihood that it’ll slow down the shipment since they’d have to find your payment and credit it to the correct invoice first is too high!

sounds good!
thank you

1 Like

Thanks for your patience! We’ll follow up with a shipping notification as soon as your order ships.

Since we’re working on this in email, I’m going to close this thread. If you have any other questions, please feel free to start a new topic.