The "Wizards Apprentice" Box

oh my!You have to start! There are sooo many wonderful things you can do with it!

2 Likes

Beutiful!

3 Likes

Oh I know. you would have thought with my lab shut down for a covid for a while, I’d have fired BEAMER up more. NOPE :frowning:

too many other honey do projects. LOL

2 Likes

Do you have any box plans you can share, I’ve been wanting to create some boxes, but figuring out how to get started has been daunting.

It’s not clear whether you are really asking @TimF for one of his designs but, be aware: There are a variety of reasons someone may not want to share design files and, it can be uncomfortable for some to have to say no publicly. So, our community standards (and forum rules) are to not to ask and, leave it up to the designer to offer.

That said, there are a lot of box designs available here. A quick search of the Free Laser Designs category on obvious search topics should get you started.

There are also several box pattern generators available online. One that gets mentioned a lot is Boxes.py:

https://www.festi.info/boxes.py/

6 Likes

This design was created from a file located here. I just modified the original drawing by removing the inner panel designs and replacing them with my own.

Thanks for the link to a good box building program. I hadn’t seen it before.

1 Like

Beautifully painted!!!

2 Likes

AMAZING!! Any chance you’d share the svg and settings used?

Just an FYI - it is not ok to ask for the file on this forum as per the rules. If someone is willing to share it, you’ll find it in the Free Design section. If people have it for sale on their Etsy or other site, they’ll tell us in the original post.

3 Likes

I would prefer not to share the file for this particular box. however if you look in the comments section of this thread, you’ll find a link to a box making program.
The box itself was created from this program, with the artwork being added by me.

2 Likes

Understood and thank you! Great work!

1 Like

Yeah, I got slapped a few times for that now. Just got started here and am learning the ropes. Great work!

1 Like

No problem at all. Thanks for the kind comments.

Understand! It is tempting to want to make everything you see when you start out!

2 Likes

Absolutely!! I know it’s a process but dang exciting!

Kurt and Denise Edwards

2 Likes

Beautiful box! I wan to create a frame of my art work with the same concept of using markers on wood, can you tell me what type of wood you used? I just received my GF a few days ago and want to purchase wood?

1 Like

This one is 1/8"Basswood painted with alcohol markers.

1 Like

Incredible!! A definite keeper.

1 Like

The colors on this box are amazing!

1 Like