There is still ZERO transparency. Why?

We kind of got this when the explanation for the first main delay came when there was a solution. The variable power supply wasn’t good enough and then finally it was and April’s announcement happened. @Dan has said that this delay was(my paraphrase) too many little goblins in the machines that needed rooting out that can’t be forseen but only identified after they occur(ie the static charged sticker).

2 Likes

“The Glowforge is going to be tremendous! They have the best people working on it. Glowforge is getting a lot of credit for shaking up the laser market and if you don’t like it you can just move to another company. Sad.”

Well, I’m convinced. All that stuff they said before they got us to back them was just so they could take control of the capit_l (investments). And now that that has happened, they don’t really need us any more. Really, it’s our own fault for believing them when they told us things as if they were factual. After all, some people had hunches.

1 Like

3 Likes

I will back your right to whine on this forum as much as you want…but as a reader of most posts, I’m getting so tired of the whiners…I guess I can just blue dot this topic, if some that are suspicious(?) why not get a refund? Now I’ll go away… - Rich

1 Like

Thanks.

I will back your right to help people understand how acceptable their posts are.

2 Likes

You have to know that by entering this thread you are going to see some sort ‘whining’. Its like going to starbucks and complaining of the smell of coffee lol.

caveat legens

16 Likes

It’s a small, not a tall, dagnabbit! Now, get off my lawn! :older_man:

10 Likes

Caveat installō graphikós potio arabica

16 Likes

And Venti isn’t a real word. Sheesh, making up stuff to sound Italian. Get off my lawn!

2 Likes

Um Venti is actually a real word, and describes that cup perfectly Venti is italian for 20. And lo and behold the venti (hot) cup is 20oz in size!

10 Likes

Ah. Interesting that they’ve been able to trademark the words (they also have a trademark on Trenta).

2 Likes

Although comically the cold venti is 24 oz. but maybe they put in 4oz of ice?

2 Likes

I believe the Italians use the metric system.

4 Likes

haha. Yes they do (I lived in Genova for a short while). And the rest of the world is probably mystified at the use of “20” to describe 591.47ml cups… But starbucks is a US firm after all, and their first market and once established, they chose a consistent naming scheme.

4 Likes