They did it!

They finally did it! I thought my OCD would suffer eternally!

Thanks guys! =)

its centered…

Some of us have had to suffer since the very beginning :smile:

It was one of the first things I noticed when I saw the glowforge, and when @dan said it was intentional and going to stay that way my internal perma-cringe-but-have-to-deal-with-it meter when up a few ticks.

but now its back down

Omg I didn’t think they were going to do it!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

for those of us not so observant… when was the button not centered?

In every photo and video of it that they ever posted.

It’s still off by a kerf…

Yay! Bothered me too. I was going to make one of those Stargate rings I’ve seen you guys make around here to cover it up.

Don’t get it. Centred relative to what?

Has the colour of the top changed from black to coffee coloured or is it an optical illusion like the blue gold dress?

The button was slightly off-centre in relation to the circle surrounding it, and did look a bit rubbish if I’m honest.
This looks much better.

As can be seen rather well in this picture

I would just assume it was perspective / parallax as the camera is over the centre of the machine, not the button. I think it was probably only obvious to those that have seen the machine in real life, or in a photo taken directly above the button.

Something I hadn’t noticed before: the strip that hides the leads to the camera crosses the edge of the lid. Do the connections cross that gap as well or do they take a right angle and cross the hinge?

I noticed that just yesterday, but then I assumed it had been centered for a long time and I just missed it. Thanks for the confirmation!

I liked it off center. Kind of like my few close friends.

Chuckle! I was gonna say the same thing, but I fear we might be in the minority. (And it looks good centered as well.) :grin:

Looks like a bigger/different button too.

It turns the most beautiful colors too.

I still want color control. Do we have color control? Pushing the glowing red eye of Ra appeals to me.

Pulsing, I want it to pulse.

Don’t we all. Don’t we all.