So, a while ago, I was commissioned to make some garden markers and I used white on black 1/8" two-coloured acrylic from Trotec. It took a bit of fiddling, but I eventually figured out the settings and they turned out rather well. Except that some of them had this awful staining on them that I just couldn’t get off. I was heartsick over it, but the customer was amazingly kind and accepted them as they were.
I was terribly discouraged, though. Then a few days ago I saw a Trotec video with the most amazing hack. I wish I had known about it before I made the garden markers. They suggested rubbing a thin layer of dish soap onto the surface of the material before lasering, so I decided to test it out.
Using the scraps from the garden markers I made these little Ghost Fridge Magnets.
After I finished cutting them, I rinsed the dish soap off under warm water and used an old toothbrush to remove any extra residue. It worked perfectly. I’m so, so happy with them.
Now to make a few skulls!
UPDATE: 9/13/20 The Skulls turned out just as wonderfully as the ghosts!