Things to Make You Smile

They appreciate it! Thanks Elon! :smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

45 Likes

“I don’t know what’s wrong with the internet…”

13 Likes

Yeah…ha ha…my Glowforge keeps going offline.

11 Likes

Made my day!

8 Likes

Seems to be purring along…

13 Likes

I am not sure microwaving one’s cat is a good thing for the cat much less the internet connection. I am aware that some folks working on the more powerful microwave towers have had many medical issues. (imagine the overblown hype of the dangers of holding a cell phone to your head and run the power up a few thousand times)

8 Likes

This photo was taken May 16th. I noticed the nest while trimming my tree.

Then i took this picture June 5, when i took a peek because i was worried about not seeing the hummingbird and i was worried she abandoned the nest, but instead i found these healthy guys.

Then today i thought i caught the momma bird back in its nest, but it turns out the babies got too big to fit comfortably. One was sitting on top of the other and they are very visible from my front door. They grew so much in less than 10 days!

25 Likes

I got dive bombed by a hummingbird in my backyard the other day - I have to presume there’s a nest, but the only one we’ve seen is a (we think) Bewick Wren.

12 Likes

This is so sweet! I think that’s an honor that they built a nest in your tree…allowing you to watch their little lives.

9 Likes

They probably realized i gave up gardening in 2020. They thought it was untouched wilderness.

11 Likes

The Starlink dishes transmit at an average of around 0.5W, which is spread across the entire surface of the dish, and on much higher (thus harmless) frequencies than your microwave (which is 1000W or more - mine is 1700W.)

They’re harmless to cats, and other critters like birds and squirrels that have been spotted on them. The higher frequencies are more affected by obstructions (like cats) - just like 4G and especially 5G are nowhere near as reliable indoors as the old 3G cellular (or 5GHz vs 2.4GHz wifi…)

13 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

They will soon be zooming around!

2 Likes

Today they seem extra alert. I saw the mother earlier too.

19 Likes

This is hilarious. Cats are masters at finding warm, cozy spots!

6 Likes

They’ve definitely got minds of their own. :rofl:

taking kitty for a brisk drag

11 Likes

First thought is "Obstinate little beast, but the black one is behaving like a kitten being carried in the mother’s mouth. I have seen a vet make a cat docile by pinching the skin on the back of its neck with a clamp, worked like an off switch. I’ve tried on others and it just pissed them off like the other cat here.

8 Likes

This made me smile - big.
Defenseless Pitbull attacked by a ferocious kitten.

7 Likes

1914528_103170589696257_1105325_n_103170589696257

Our cat would ambush our first boxer from the stairs - jump on her back, then the playing would ensue. He would get absolutely slathered in saliva, I think he liked a good tummy rub from her.

Then after a bit to eat…
10398972_101554789857837_5703574_n_101554789857837

They would take a good nap together - under a blanket if it was cold…
17251_106675399345776_6380978_n_106675399345776

12 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like