Things to Make You Smile

That’s my definition of ‘sidling up to’ someone!

2 Likes

They are so cute and your pic makes them seem bigger than they are, great closeup! The nest is a work of art!

3 Likes

What a beautiful Brindal she is! Judging from her barrel chest I’m guessing you run that dog good. Sharing dinner together - BFF. Safest cat in the world. Companionship transcends species. Great pictures man, thanks for sharing that.

3 Likes

I only noticed one bird yesterday, so i checked every where for it, then i thought, maybe its crushing the other one. Nope, the moment i got too close for its comfort, the last baby hummingbird took flight and zipped right out of my yard. They grew up so fast.

7 Likes

Poor mama with empty nest syndrome. or just empty nest, guess it’s not a syndrome. LOL

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’m the most sad out of everyone. But at least I took a bunch of pictures and have the experience of watching how quickly hummingbirds grow from egg to flight…that was super fast…

7 Likes

Aw, happy but sad moment at the same time! Your babies have flown the nest!

3 Likes

At least the other babies haven’t left the nest yet - have several more years with them! :smiley: Although I know, they go by in a blink.
But I’m not ready to talk about that… lol

4 Likes

Yep no need!

2 Likes

I used to have to give my neighbor’s cat an insulin shot. Grab her by the back in the neck, pinch and do the shot. He wouldn’t indeed lay down flat and hold. Curious behavior.

4 Likes

I was doing summer study in Germany one summer. We were put up with families. We all congregate in this one yard for beer one day. There was a blue jay in the yard and and wasn’t happy with us. It dive bombed the girl sitting across from me and and e e cute dog a perfect inverted dive bomb and let loose a payload of of poop all over her. I laughed and she unloaded a liter mug of beer on me.

6 Likes

It’s how their mothers carry them when they are tiny kittens. They instinctively know to “play dead” as a survival mechanism since they are usually being carried out of danger.

And we’ve got one, Demon, who absolutely will not tolerate it. I’m guessing that’s how she turned into a tiny feral demon…not enough parental caring/discipline before she took off into the world. A kitten with abandonment issues. :smile:
(She’s coming around now, but it’s taken years.)

I love to see interspecies love bonding! Always shows a well adjusted happy animal pair. (And phenomenal people parenting skills.) :wink:

4 Likes

oh you just brought back memories for me. Way back when, my uncle found this kitten in a field, it was not weaned properly and was a mess. He decided to bring her to me, knowing it would break my heart and I’d want to help her. He guilted me into keeping her. (Nevermind that I’m allergic to cats.) I had just moved into a new home. She only liked men (maybe because my uncle found her? I have no idea.) It was awful though. She was beautiful but she hated me. He should have kept her! She peed on everything in my new home, and in places I could not get to to clean, etc. Sigh.

1 Like

Yeah, Demon definitely started out as Robert’s kitty. (We’ve come to an understanding now though…I spend a minimum of 30 minutes grooming her to her exacting standards, and she graciously allows me to keep all of my blood. Win-win!) :rofl:

Speaking of allergies…Here’s another kitty funny I saw a couple days ago:

6 Likes

Spot the Mastiff…

10 Likes

Mastiffs are such beautifully colored dogs.

5 Likes

Okay, wait…I’ve got one for the older folks who remember toner refills… :smile:

printers

11 Likes

:rofl: :grin: I’m sure not funny to those around when it happened.

3 Likes

Yikes!!!

2 Likes

Since both my dogs have now passed, I’ve spotted one of my neighbor’s cats out back a few times (there are often footprints on my Stinger in the garage). I keep my doors to my deck open on cool mornings, and it came in for the first time to my knowledge this morning. I don’t know who was more startled when I walked into my kitchen to find a cat sniffing around. It fled out the door, stopped on the deck but no amount of ‘psst psst psst’ would tempt it to come say a formal hello. :smiley:

I’d put out treats to lure it, but that would only attract rats.

4 Likes