This hack is halfway between gnarly and genius

Ok so if meat freaks you out, don’t click.

Click me for the meat hack

https://boingboing.net/2018/09/17/clever-hack-with-a-soda-bottle.html

9 Likes

that’s cool…:open_mouth:

I’m not going to click on it…it’s probably that horrible thing with Vin Deisel cut out of bologna. :rofl:

1 Like

Cool idea but I guess it’s a bit** to get the meat into the soda bottle.

2 Likes

Right, and to also get most of it out

1 Like

Hah I hadn’t even considered how they did that part.

1 Like

… did… did you guys watch the video?

4 Likes

it feels like a solution without a problem.

1 Like

Well I did now. That’s pretty clever.

1 Like

well … yeah. way too nosy not to :smile:

what they are not showing is that approx. half of the meat was squeezed out at the bottom of the bottle

1 Like

it didn’t load for me the first time :blush:

Meat on a stick is always a good idea!

6 Likes

Hmmm, thats very similar to those old play-dough extruders. Now you just need to add a template, and you can have star shaped kebabs!

4 Likes

I was amazed when my wife brought me to the Iowa State Fair for the first time! You can pretty much get anything on a stick, deep fried, or both!

6 Likes

Hmmm… I wonder what kind of machine one would need to make such a thing? -hmmmm- I just don’t know…

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve never found myself needing to put ground meat on a stick. There are other options that don’t require any soda bottles or plumbing.

1 Like

Lots of middle eastern foods use ground meat on kebabs… Lebanese and Persian cuisine is rife with them.

3 Likes

i’ve put plenty of meat on a stick, even ground. i just never found it complicated enough to need special equipment. but maybe since i’m only doing a couple at a time, it’s not as big a deal to me.

1 Like

I’d assume simply packing the meat around the stick is pretty effective and easy.