This hack is halfway between gnarly and genius

making a couple, not hard. maybe if you had to make a lot of these for a party more than once, i might change my mind about this hack.

1 Like

I’ve never made Lebanese or Persian cuisine, and I probably never will. I’ll leave the ground meat stick preparation to the experts and just focus on the eating.

2 Likes

If I had a meat stick cart or shop, I’d probably try this out. This whole discussion is making me want to season some ground beef and pack it onto some skewers to toss on the grill. I’ll call them “lengthened meatballs” or something. A meatball sub with no danger of a ball rolling or squeezing out of the roll seems like a winner.

5 Likes

if i had a cart or shop, i’d buy a professional tool :wink:

1 Like

That’s just ridiculous. Nothing screams professionalism like a meat-packed Pepsi bottle with a pipe on one end and a can shoved in the other. I don’t think there’s a better version of that available. :smiley:

5 Likes

IT IS FAKE!! He takes a hand held drill in one hand and holds a slippery plastic plumbing fitting in the other and just drills through it!? More or less dead center where he wants to drill?! At the part where it just starts to curve?! That is the trick he needs to teach.

Also, isn’t it illegal in most countries to combine a Pepsi bottle with a Coke can? Even if it is to further pressed-meat kebab technology.

3 Likes

use sharp bits.

1 Like

if it isn’t, it should be. that is a party foul.

1 Like

LEMON Coke???

it was a thing, once. not a very good thing, but a thing. coke has no subtlety when adding flavors. none whatsoever.

1 Like

Come to Atlanta and hit the world of coke. The crazy flavors they have are many and varied.

The Coke freestyle machines are pretty cool though. I like orange coke and lime coke, but I typically go heavy on the regular coke and then add the final 25% or so in flavored coke.

5 Likes

nope. i’ve had enough to know they don’t know how to do it.

now that there are “freestyle” machines, i can mix a reasonable amount of flavor in by putting in, say, 20% cherry coke and 80% regular coke and get something that tastes like both cherry and coke, not artificial cherry with a splash of coke.

4 Likes

great minds…

1 Like

Not sure that applies in discussions of meat sticks and flavored sodas, but I’ll take it.

2 Likes

Lemon Coke, Lime Coke, Orange Coke, Vanilla Coke, Raspberry Coke, Peach Coke, Cherry Coke.
the lemon, specifically, i believe was to compete with Pepsi Twist.

1 Like

I remember cherry and vanilla. Somehow managed to miss the others!

California Raspberry and Georgia Peach are the two newest coke flavors for the US market, only available in glass jars from select retailers. If you haven’t tried them… you aren’t missing much.

3 Likes

let’s tie this together:

4 Likes

you can still find coke lime today, but i think i’ve only seen it in cans now.

earlier this year they had a bunch of funkier flavors. including blood orange. which i forgot all past miserable flavoring attempts and tried. and it was disgusting. overflavored and more artificial than other blood orange drinks.

nobody does blood orange like pellegrino.