This is pure hand typed CSS

This is flat astonishing if you know anything about css and html.

I don’t even know what to say.

13 Likes

I browsed her web page and I am in awe. The combination of engineering and artistry is wonderful.

1 Like

…right? It’s just astounding.

Dang. And I was so proud of the ASCII bluebonnet I painted once upon a time…

4 Likes

Woah. That’s… Wow.

3 Likes

I’ve seen stuff like that before, but this one is really clever, not just cheating by machine-generating CSS that replicates pixels. I didn’t realize there were CSS constructs that act more like SVG.

background-image: radial-gradient(ellipse at 40% 65%, rgba(220, 0, 51, 0.08) 8%, transparent 46%), radial-gradient(ellipse at 24% 50%, rgba(255, 252, 247, 0.6), rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) 20%), radial-gradient(ellipse at 64% 56%, rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.42), rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) 28%);

3 Likes

Some folks brains work differently from others, To make a long and complicated story I met a man for a few minutes who was partnered to another that I knew a bit better but by his story machine language was more straight forward than LISP was for me so even something as simple as sending something to the printer he did in machine language.

They were working on inventing anti-virus when the partner walked in and the 25yr old was dead of a heart attack a month or so after I had met him, I knew the elder partner had been around spooky folk and don’t think obvious questions were even investigated but it was a year or so later that commercial anti-virus was available.

It would have been interesting to see what artwork such a mind might make but I notice a certain eclecticism in her subjects.

1 Like

Surprisingly compact of you look at the combination of HTML and CSS.

Needs to done in WebAssembly next! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That is awesome… thanks for sharing!

And I thought I was pretty good with css… I wouldn’t have even thought about creating something like that with css.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.