I cut a lot of puzzles and I set up every design in Illustrator on a 20x12 artboard. I set up a guide on the left side of my design in the cutting area and let the Glowforge do its positioning based off of my file.
Any puzzle that miscuts means I’m out the material $$$ and time, which eats into profits. I lost power about 1/3rd of the way into my last job, meaning I had a bunch of lines that were already cut. Recutting those lines means the print is wasted. Trying to manually position (even if accuracy were almost perfect) would mean the print was wasted. Since everything is positioned absolute in Illustrator, I was able to just look at what had been cut, spend 2 minutes in Illustrator deleting those portions and uploading a new file to resume the cut exactly where it had left off.
Glowforge works for me!