This machine is terrible

I waste more material than I’m able to cut when using the pass through which is just more money out the window. The pass through slot works once in a blue moon or comes off track. My machine has barely been used and for the past month out of the almost three I’ve owned the machine, I’ve been struggling with this so called “support”.
I’m being offered someone else’s refurbished junk as a replacement for something that cost $6,000 of my hard earned money. Can someone tell me how I can just give the company my machine back so they can refurb it for the next sucker and get my hard earned money back. I refuse to use some refurbished piece of equipment and the warranty expire on month 13?! I just want to return the machine and walk with my money, what does it take to get that?! Do I need to file a better business bureau complaint so you can’t delete such negativity on these machines! The lack of support for a machine that cost this much money is ridiculous!

1 Like

Here is the policy for refunds, see section 4.13;

Refunds. Refunds may take up to 10 business days to process. All refunds are in US dollars. If you are located in the United States, returns are subject to the following conditions:

• Prior to confirmation of shipping address: You will receive a full refund for your purchase price, including shipping.
  • Unopened Glowforge Basic, Plus, Pro, or air filter package(s) within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 10% restocking fee.
  • Opened Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro unit, unused, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original materials and packaging, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 15% restocking fee.
  • Opened Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro, unit used up to 50 prints, no visible wear or damage, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original packaging and materials except the Proofgrade Materials, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 30% restocking and refurbishment fee.
  • Opened air filter package, used or unused, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original materials and packaging, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 30% restocking fee.
  • After 30 days or 50 prints, whichever comes first, your Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro unit is no longer eligible for return
  • After 30 days your air filter unit is no longer eligible for return.
6 Likes

For what it’s worth, many of us have received refurbished machines and are very happy. Its better to get your problem solved and have a working machine in a couple of weeks than wait for god nows how long to ship your machine in, get it fixed, and get it shipped back again. And even then, you’ll be getting a refurbished machine, just that you were the previous owner.

3 Likes

I am on my 2nd machine (1st replacement) and today I discovered my wheel was broken! I also think it is bologna and I would love my money back. However, it seems the “return policy” is not in customers’ favor. For 6k, 2 machines in 6 months… Thumbs down .

Now I wait 3 days for support to respond.

Just out of curiosity while you are waiting for support…what material do you normally work with in the machine? I’ve never seen that kind of residue pattern. It looks almost like webbing or corrosion, but it’s on the plastic and glass, not just the metal.

Is that white residue from working on stone of some kind?

1 Like

I was in the middle of cleaning when I saw the wheel.
The orange tint was like this on my last machine too. It comes like a tacky sawdust.
The fans don’t seem to work well, I have to clean almost every day. The back exauat fan is different from the first model. 1st was a grid with larger holes. 2nd is a honeycomb pattern, smaller holes. Let’s clogged quicker.

I have a scheduled maintenance cleaning program that I do at the end of every day on all of my machines that I use that day. To me it’s worth it with all the money I have invested. It may take time to clean your equipment but well worth it…

I have also invested in spare parts for those that have tendency to go out over time, saves on down while waiting for shipping…

As for the back fan, if your machine is out of warranty you can take off the left top panel and really get down to cleaning it. The fan comes out “fairly” easy with the right tools. The right top panel comes off too so you can really clean the power supply and intake fan.

1 Like

Still under warranty. It’s only been 6 months

Here is the pages for cleaning the machine. it covers all including the Exhaust Fan. It’s a good starting place since still under warranty. A maintenance program is the best thing to set up saves time and money in the long run…

2 Likes

Yes. I do this all at the end of the day.
I just don’t take the crumb tray out everyday.

I do to make sure there is nothing left that can cause any issue. Depending on the job at times I empty it after the job. Don’t want to take any chances of something flying around or starting a fire.

@jsteele Thanks for talking with me yesterday. I’m going to close this topic and continue working with you over email.