Thought it was going to be a success

what are the specific definitions of Baltic Birch? This came from Downes and Reader, now called Rugby, in Stoughton, MA.

There’s an EU manufacturing definition that I would need to Google again. No voids, no knots, some specifics around ply content & glue types and only football patches on one side of B-C grade.

Well, the good news is that with my improved jig, aligning the work in the original artwork instead of dragging around in the GFUI, and using 1/4" MDF instead of plywood, I have a successful part.

(Note that in the original attempt where part came out skewed, I dragged the artwork into place but did not move it again when cutting the different operations.) But another possibility is that I think I was using the settings for proofgrade thick draftboard instead of a manual cut. As I figured out after the fact, the plywood is thicker than the draftboard. Is it possible that the wrong material thickness would skew the artwork?

This is a great conversation - excellent research and contributions. Thanks all!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.