Thrones Series to dress-up the Home Theater

The first in the series came from these images.

john%20Snow Tormund Tyrion

Committed to Medium cherry ply, 9.5" x10.75". Sprayed flat black before weeding.

Looking forward to the last 6 episodes :open_mouth:

35 Likes

Oh me too! (This business of waiting over a year for a new season totally blows!) :smile:
The plaques will look wonderful in your theater!

4 Likes

Thank you Jules :rose:
Iā€™m happy with them - I love my glowforge :sunglasses: (Becomming fond of Photoshop too)

1 Like

Your engraves are super nice. I remember your Jimi Hendrix oneā€“really blew me away!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s whatā€™s happening to Dr Who this year - nothing until next year :frowning:

2 Likes

looks good! the Tyrion one is great, great balance between solid darks and open white space

2 Likes

Thank you :rose:

I twaddled with that file for months learning image editing software while we all waited another year.
I get such a thrill when the image not only resembles the mental image of what you wanted to do, but when you see it render better than you had imaginedā€¦ :crazy_face: OMG! - Fire up the laser!

Famous musicians is another subject group I will tile on my theater walls - and it would take an extraordinary example to dethrone Jimi as the best I can attain. The art is really within the photo you start with, so I just kind of shine a different light on it.

3 Likes

Thanks man! That means a lot coming from you.
He is my fav so far. I have always been a fan of the stencil-like work, where an incomplete image engages the imagination to finish it. I blame the Marlborough Man!

When you coming back to Colorado man? If you are inclined, I will have some White Rascal and a good dinner for you.

1 Like

Thrones I think really opened the eyes of the entertainment industry. They spent serious money when the planet started talking about it. Netflix took the clue considering the amount they have spent on producing their own exclusive content.

Great looking engravings.

2 Likes

I refuse to watch it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got through several of the books before I finally quit. Just when I really got to liking a character he would savagely kill them off for no reason whatsoever, and then while dealing with my grief Iā€™d have to start all over again getting to know new characters and daring to like them, and just as Iā€™d start to get there heā€™d do it again.

It was too hard. I can find enough stuff to suffer about in real life ā€“ not gonna subject myself to it in my time off!

I really like the engravings, though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™d definitely decline any wedding invitations if I lived there. Just like Iā€™d leave a party if Jessica Fletcher showed up. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I think Iā€™d avoid getting married, too! Or having a pet. Itā€™s been years since I read them, and Iā€™m still traumatized!

Despite the high character turnover, you ought to binge the seriesā€¦it was incredibly well done. :smile:

1 Like

Nah, I find the emotional trauma is even worse when there are visuals. With books you imagine your own visuals, and mine are never as horrific as the ones the movie producers come up with.

Iā€™ll watch it when the Disney version comes out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, when they would unexpectedly kill off a 'good guyā€™s it was a trauma!
When it started I had to check it out to see what all the talk was about, but I hated Joffry so much I quit at like the second episode. During this last season I started again and was hooked by the 4th one. I had all seasons to binge watch! So this is the first one Iā€™ve had to wait for.
I ended up enjoying it a lot!

2 Likes

These are just excellent! Perfect for your home theater!

1 Like

Thank you! Love my glowforge. :star_struck:

1 Like

I couldnā€™t get into the TV series because the books were so good, and they had to skip so much to make the TV series fitā€¦ well, into TV.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, I canā€™t ā€œlikeā€ this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: