Thumbnails blank and re-ordered

After I open a design, when I return to the library, the thumbnail for the design I just closed is now at the top of the list and it just has a blank white box for the thumbnail. Are other people experiencing this problem with the new update to the UI? I can live with the re-ordering of the library, but the blank thumbnail is really annoying!

A few people have posted about problems with the thumbnails. The new updates seem to have a couple of small bugs that are affecting some people, hopefully we’ll see a quick resolution.

Sounds like they are aware of it then. The only other thumbnail post I could find in my search was from 2017, so apologies on duplicating posts.

Here are a couple of others:

You might make sure the design is in the middle of the GFUI before you close it, Also If you make a large bit that is actually cut an engrave before you close the design may just jump at you.

No issue. They need to know a lot of people are unhappy with the change.

I have been filling designs to be cut with color for quite a while, since If I left them just lines they were hard to see then.
Now when I am trying to get two things close but not overlapping it gets a lot easier if you set the outer cut line to engrave and it light up strongly, Likewise if I have a big vector engrave blocking my view I may set it to cut as a temporary measure but this is much more rare.

But considering that the design may be hard to see against the crumb tray in the GFUI I can see where a thumbnail of the same would not be better.

mine are ok

Thank you for letting us know about this. I’m sorry that some of your thumbnails are turning blank after the update. To investigate this further, may we have your browser information?

Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Click the link underneath “Share my system info with tech support”
  3. Copy the highlighted link
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

Thank you for letting us know which browser you’re using. I’ve passed notes on this along with your browser version along to our team to look into this. We’ll follow up as soon as we have additional information.

I’m having the blank thumbnail issue as well.

Until last week my thumbnails have always been visible and centered on the design, but now the newly created designs show a blank thumbnail.

Sorry, I didn’t make a note the first day I noticed this.

Out of curiosity I renamed an older design, which bumped it to the top of the list, but it maintained its thumbnail.

Here’s my browser config link:

Best of luck to the guys debugging this.

@brucecooner - I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into trouble also. We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. Can you create a new post with this question, or email us at support@glowforge.com? We’ll be happy to help you troubleshoot.

@benjamin.george - Thank you for all of the details you provided in this thread. I wanted to follow up and let you know that we’re seeing this too, and the team is continuing to look into this. I’m going to close this thread for now.

If you run into any other trouble, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!