Tigered-Up Laptop

All of my kids got their first computer (home-built by me, since I was in the IT industry back then) by age 10 at the VERY latest, in sort of a progressive hand-me-down fashion (Mom’s computer gets an upgrade, the leftover parts go to upgrade Kid #1’s computer, and so on) and I’ve been continuing that tradition with my grandkids.

As a result, I’m giving my granddaughter my old MBA for Christmas to replace the older one she’s starting to have to share with her little brother. She’s currently super crazy about tigers, and just got the part of Shere Khan in an upcoming school production of The Jungle Book, so to make it less hand-me-downish, I tigered it up a little.

50 Likes

Seems like you’ve improved since your mishap with yours, that alignment is great!

9 Likes

This will surely be a hit!

2 Likes

Yep, no lasering over the logo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

That’s darling!

3 Likes

Nothing like a little practice. This one came out great!

2 Likes

That’s grrrrrrreat!

5 Likes

That is adorable. Fun idea!

1 Like

She’s going to love it!

1 Like

So, apparently 4yo Gkid #2 took more notice of the tiger engraving than I thought he did. My daughter just sent me this transcript of a conversation they had this morning:

Gkid2: I maybe want a cool picture on my pa-pater (computer) like Celia has a tiger on her pa-pater.

DD: You have a pretty picture on your computer. (It has a Gelaskin cover with a landscape on it.)

Gkid2: Like maybe trees?

DD: Yep!

Gkid2: I maybe don’t like pretty. I like cool and silly.

:laughing:

4 Likes