Tight / Loose line pattern (banding?) on same engraved section/element

Hello All,

Searched the board but was unable to find anything so I’d appreciate some assistance.

Been enjoying the GF over the last couple of days but ran into a snag with my latest project. As you can see in the picture a section of the engraving has what appears to be a lower LPI than the rest of engraving.

The source art is a vector image / SVG file format. Engraved on a PG medium acrylic sheet at default SD graphics setting for the engraving. The area captured in the picture is about 2-1/4x3 inches. The area that appears to have printed at a different LPI is in between the red lines.

I’m not quite sure what would have caused this issue as the rest of the job looks fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you hit this snag!

Just to make sure I have all of the right information, would it be possible to post the design file associated with this print? If you would prefer, you could send it directly to our support email at support@glowforge.com.

As soon as I can review the design, I’ll send over the next best steps.

2 Likes

Marc,

I’ve just emailed you the file.

Thanks

Thank you for emailing the file to us. I’ve responded to you there, so I’m going to close this thread.