Time Stand Still

My brother is a huge “Rush” fan (yes, those still exist!) so I threw together this clock for him for Xmas.

I had a heck of a time getting the Glowforge to cut through 3/8 birch plywood… it’s the first time I’ve done anything thicker than the proofgrade materials.

29 Likes

Good to know these settings, but non PG settings need to be in the Beyond the Manual category, so I moved it for you.

Oh. Umm. I’d rather have it in the Made on a Glowforge category. I’ll delete the specifics!

1 Like

You can post another thread in the BTM forum to share the settings. Always welcome!

1 Like

Yes, there are still some of us Rush fans… Very nice gift

3 Likes

Yeah, a shame for you not to post it with the details, the category doesn’t matter too much really. Sharing settings is a good thing.

5 Likes

My husband is a Rush fan.

Maybe you’re be willing to share the cut settings in a separate post? Might be helpful for others.

4 Likes

Used to be a big fan. Then I blew my right eardrum at a Rush concert. Sat to close to the wall of speakers. Now I only listen to half their stuff.

13 Likes

Har!

2 Likes

RUSH 2112 Album cover! (or maybe inside album sleeve, can’t remember).

It was inside…

… but later releases (CD, modern vinyl) used a variant as the new cover.

3 Likes

Ok, yeah… it’s been a while!

Clocks are fun!

1 Like

Ugh!

My SO is a huge Rush fan as well, but not so much a fan of clocks :-/ Hmmmmm. The design is beautiful!

1 Like

Well, I may be making something else Rush-inspired. RIP Neil Peart :cry:

4 Likes

Oh! I hadn’t heard :frowning: What a life that man lived

2 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes