'tis a Christmas miracle!

OK, a little click bait, I’ll admit. Not quite a miracle, more like a common GF problem solved.

I had just finished my Christmas GF projects when I started receiving the dreaded “lid open” problem. Following the email dance with tech support, the decision was of course, the “black cable”. Ha! I had ordered one the week before, apparently with some sort of premonition. For everyone who has had to perform this surgical operation on their GF, you’ll know the joy I speak of when you stick everything down and in place, turn it on and behold the bright LEDs. Sorta like turning on the Christmas tree after stringing the lights.

I would order another, but of course they’re out of stock now. Just a hint to everyone who has yet to experience the black cable problem, the next time they are in stock - order one. You will need it eventually. I’m betting everyone who has had to replace one, already has another in reserve. I’ve had my GF for 3-1/2 years and this is my second experience.

In any event, my GF is back in operation and it’s a Merry Christmas!

9 Likes

Haven’t had any issues yet, but did order mine the last time. I just received all my lenses too, just in case.

7 Likes

Smart! (I’m still on number 1.)

6 Likes

Just FYI, posting in this section actually opens a support ticket. Maybe post over in Everything Else next time you just want to share your happiness with us. And Merry Christmas! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is why they are out of stock. I replaced one and know well of what you speak. To put it on and have it work is Amazing as I also did not expect that I did not break it putting it in. Twice I had to adjust the plugs that were not in right at first, adding to those concerns.

5 Likes

That’s great news!!

I’m happy to see you being happy! Enjoy your holiday and your printing!

2 Likes