Toast buttering robot made with lasers

projectinspo

Chalk this up to part project inspiration, part comedy, part how my significant other imagines my first year with the new Glowforge will be like… :laughing:

The dreamers dream. The makers make.

This guy is one of my favorite. He’s sharp but doesn’t take himself seriously.

“Silverware?! That is such a girl response.” (my paraphrased reply to the girlfriend when she suggested the same thing) :grinning:

Or if you want to do 1600 slices an hour,

I am a girl. :wink:

(You know, one of those sensible creatures that use the tools proven over the millennia to do the job with the least amount of fuss.)

Luddite. :blush:

Not totally. We actually use one of these in the hacienda. :wink:

Where is the fun in proven tools? Sounds like a plot to limit the number of tools.

Careful! She’s all a part of the conspiracy!!!

Chuckle! Point to you! :smile:
(I guess none of us would be here if we didn’t believe in something better.)

What conspiracy? :spy:

I myself am a fan of the French butter crock, using the Butter Bell here. It works perfectly.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/make-your-own-butter-recipe#!

Make Your Own Butter

1 Review

Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen

Save Recipe Print

Make Your Own Butter

Total:15 minActive: 5 min
Level: Easy

Directions

Start with cold heavy cream and mix on high speed.

After about 3 minutes, you’ll have whipped cream; continue mixing.

After about 6 more minutes, the butter will clump and separate from the liquid. Strain and wrap the butter in cheesecloth, then squeeze out the liquid.

Tip: To make perfect rounds, shape flavored butter into a log using parchment paper; wrap and chill, then slice.

Pumpkin

Mash 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin, 1 stick softened butter, 1/4 teaspoon orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon each sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt.

Spiced Cranberry

Simmer 1/2 cup cranberries with 1 tablespoon water, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 strip lemon zest, 1 cinnamon stick and 1 clove, 6 to 8 minutes. Discard the zest, cinnamon and clove; let cool. Pulse in a food processor with 1 stick softened butter and a pinch of salt.

Bourbon-Raisin

Microwave 1/2 cup raisins with 1 tablespoon bourbon, covered, 45 seconds; let cool. Pulse in a food processor with 1 stick softened butter, 1 tablespoon chopped chives and a pinch of salt.

Sage Brown Butter

Melt 1 stick butter over medium heat and cook until browned. Add 1/4 cup sage and fry 30 seconds; drain on paper towels, then chop. Let the brown butter cool; mash with 1 stick softened butter, the sage and a pinch of salt.

Photograph by Levi Brown

Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine

It wouldn’t be a proper Kickstarter project if it didn’t include the following sort of update…

First, I would like to apologize again for not hitting our initial ship date. As the creator, I am ultimately responsible for the finished product. That means giving updates and providing what I hope is a correct ship date. I work with a team of engineers and product managers who are constantly updating me and coordinating with the rest of the team.

sigh

LOL! :joy:

They had me at “you can spread a stick into a ten-foot ribbon”!

If I get one of these, I can ask my wife “hey how many feet of butter do we have left?”