Toaster Stuck on calibration

I know this is a bit of a redundant post, but I’m hoping you guys can shed some light on something I may have missed.
Two days ago I turned my machine on and it wouldn’t calibrate. The gantry didn’t move and it just said “Calibrating”. I’ve done a bunch of things and am in contact with support (sent them the Zip), but so far to no avail. Haha. It calibrated last night right before I went to bed but in the morning it wouldn’t do it again.

I’ve tried:

1. Off and on (repeatedly)
  2. Off, move head, on (repeatedly
  3. Off, wifi off, wipe camera, laser on, wifi on (their recommended solution)
  4. Leaving it on for a couple hours
  5. Leaving it off over night
  6. Crying in corner.
  7. Different wifi
  8. Changing wifi channel
  9. Reseting wifi

Suggestions? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Crying in the corner didn’t work?!?!? Man, I think you’re screwed! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Have you done the turn it off, open the top, turn it on and let it sit there for a while thing, in case there’s an update it’s trying to download that’s interfering with calibration?

3 Likes

Lol I’ll give that a shot!!!

And for Clarification Toaster is the name of my glowforge.

5 Likes

You forgot to tell he has to hop on one leg, spin counter clockwise, and pat the top of his head at the same time

Do you get an updated (Current) bed image?

3 Likes

Oh!! I’ll try that next. And I’ll hold my breath. Lol.

(Update: They AMAZING GF team is replacing Toaster. RIP Toaster. You were faithful till the end <3 )

3 Likes

Ugh. Whomp whomp.

2 Likes

Lol. He will be well remembered and loved. <3

2 Likes

I was trying to draw things out a little. I need all the entertainment I can get, right now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That sucks

It does make me wonder/worry. Mine was replaced 2 weeks ago. Same symptoms. I’ve seen others too. Mine served me well since December. Makes me worried my warranty expires shortly, and there seems to be an issue with something, with at least some Consistency.

2 Likes

Yeah I am curious where the bug is from but none the less, I am just happy they’re replacing it. I’m thinking… Toasty for the new one.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the bad news!

Since we’ve been working with you via email, so I’m going to close this topic. Thanks again for letting us know about this.

1 Like