Today is

…my beloved Glowria’s anniversary! I started to say birthday, but I realize she was built before I got her. Three years ago today I had the unequivocal experience that led me to the rest of my days learning to design and make stuff. Best time of my life. Thank you @dan and all of you great people at Glowforge.

(and you, @jamesdhatch, were right there with me from the beginning. Thanks to you, again!)

26 Likes

And it has been wonderful to see what you’ve made!

6 Likes

:slight_smile: It’s great to be able to learn something new that will build on itself and keep things interesting. I may be prejudiced but I think that lasers offer the easiest entry into creative making - the results can be simple or complex and sublimely beautiful.

Other tech has less breadth in terms of what’s possible I think - yes you can do wonderful things with 3D printing, CNC milling, plasma cutting, sublimation printing, etc. but you can work with more media and in far different ways with lasers than you can with those tools.

Glad you made the journey with us all and have hung in there. You’re inspiring lots of newbies now - circle of life :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You’ve come a long way.

I just realized the other day that my GF has been here for just over 3 years now, too

7 Likes

Happiest of anniversaries! Wow! Three years! :smile:

6 Likes

You have been an inspiration Xabbess, neither of us had any idea WTF we were doing buying a laser 5 years ago. Just the remnants of a young imagination calling.
At this point in my life, it couldn’t have come at a better time. Honored to share this ride with you. :wink:

6 Likes

Happy anniversary!

5 Likes

'Tis my honor as well, David! We have both been through it all with lots of other great people on here…and it’s not over, yet!

5 Likes

Congrats! :fireworks: :tada: :balloon:

4 Likes

Isn’t it just grand?! Happy anniversary!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.