Today's the Day!

It’s on the truck. I’ll post a pic or two of the box condition, then probably hold off until set up. Others have done a good job documenting unpacking so I can skip that and felt to cutting faster. Thanks, @Tom_A.

It will take me a bit to build out the permanent one on my :glowforge:, but the :proofgrade: packaging seemed to make an OK temporary vent holder. I simply cut open the box, folded and glued the flaps down for rigidity, cut to the proper length and cut a hole a little bigger than 4". I’ll snake the tube out a bit and should be ready to go later today. Really simple and a good way to recycle/reuse.

I’ll add the box pics here, then probably post first projects in the Made on a :glowforge: category.

I hope I’m worthy . . . . .

60 Likes

Awesome! Cook us up something exciting!

4 Likes

Awes-tastic! Have so much fun!

5 Likes

Thanks for reminding me. I should try to remember to take time out to eat in the next couple of days. Meh, I could definitely lose a few pounds, why bother.

Or - - Maybe the Glowforge could be cross marketed as part of a new diet plan. Makes you forget to eat, AND can be used to suppress appetite by lasering some leather (from what I hear).

9 Likes

You are!

3 Likes

Yes. Plan your meals ahead of time or get delivery.

5 Likes

Woo-hoo! Let the forging (almost) begin!

2 Likes

Prepare for liftoff! :smiley:

2 Likes

Woo hoo…just stay with us…don’t disappear. Failures are just as important as success!!
Cant wait :laughing:

4 Likes

:squee: and launch countdown begins :smile:

Can’t wait to see what you’ll make!!

1 Like

Wait! You’re already calling me a failure??? I resemble that remark! :smile:

6 Likes

Have fun!
And definitely worthy! You have a :glowforge: ya know!!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

So excited to see what you come up with!!! :squeee:

Yay! have fun! remember that your brain needs hydration and nourishment in order to keep functioning!

3 Likes

Hey, all the great inventors and makers have had failures that’s what makes them better LOL I believe in you!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey, Thanks.

And Hey, likes are reset. They came back just about the time that UPS did. Box looks OK. Will post pics in a bit, might take an hour or so before I get it up and running. Someone is coming over to help so I don’t have to wrestle it out of the box alone.

You’re the first to hear directly.

13 Likes

I gotta say, I’m pretty darn excited for you!
If you take your time, it shouldn’t take anywhere near an hour to get up and running. I should have mentioned that in my post yesterday. MINUTES, I tell you. VERY easy setup. Getting those godforsaken hose clamps on took the longest time for me (and hurt like hell when I was squeezing it open and one side slipped). But, really, they made setup a breeze.

4 Likes

My question was why couldn’t we have just a smidge more length to that back tube. It is really, really short…

6 Likes

Totally agree! I was wondering the same. Although it makes a good, solid fit, so I guess it’s okay. Just… I dunno… 1/2 an inch more would be, I think, quite a bit better.

About the exhaust, though, it’s quite good IMHO. It starts cutting, and the smoke clears immediately. Seems there’s a vortex in there where the smoke shoots forward from the head, and then makes a u-turn and shoots out the exhaust. Kinda neat to watch.

4 Likes