Today's the Day!

I should have clarified. I’m waiting for someone to get here to help take it out of the box. It will be about 45 minutes until they get here. Tape held up pretty well on all sides. Just a little gashing seen. @dan the box and tape held up OK for me. Must have had kinder and gentler UPS handlers.

They definitely ignored the “This end up notices”. Brought it in on a dolly and turned it every which way until they turned it loose to me. I have to admit that I slid it on its side to the final room in the house.

They definitely never treated this as a 2 person package. Carry handles weren’t even pushed in a bit.

Will get it up and running in a little while and post in Made on a Glowforge category. The first ones will likely be just the basics, maybe with a twist. I found out that many of the files I had hoped could be recognized as very usable PDFs will probably not work due to the export function that I used.

See you all in the Made on a Glowforge category!

31 Likes

This line makes me so happy!! :squee: :fireworks:

10 Likes

Great! Hey, if it’s not right now, do put it proper side up. I recall there being issues with the cooling fluid if it’s not allowed enough time to settle into the right position when you turn it on. (I don’t think I’m wrong about that, but it’s entirely possible!)

3 Likes

Righting it ASAP certainly can’t hurt!

4 Likes

I love seeing people get their forever machines! Congratulations!

2 Likes

I did set it down correctly and I saw that it was flat on floor of the UPS truck. It was sideways for about 10 minutes before moved my forever Glowforge to its forever room. It sat for about 40 minutes before help arrived and we got it out of the box and ready to go. Started up really easily.

Sorry I was AWOL for so long. Had family here, there were some minor hiccups, mainly with files of mine (Aaaarrgh). Got some pretty awesome stuff done though and will be posting over in the Made on a Glowforge in a bit. Will probably do a few separate posts in the topic so I can get them out without being in one big chunk. Will probably keep adding to the same post as I go, so keep watching it. You might get sick of me and my posts soon.

YIPPEE!

17 Likes

Do them separate…so we dont miss them​:smile::smile::smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been watching. Looks like you’re having a great time!

1 Like

Oh, I have. I hope you are too. No yard work for me this weekend. Will just make sure I get out to water the annual flowers so they don’t get Glowforge wilt and all die.

4 Likes

Oh no…a new condition…hopefully we dont get more
Like :glowforge: hungry pets, :glowforge: forgot to take out the trash, :glowforge: forgot to eat, :glowforge: diapers for (forgot to pee) lol

5 Likes

I can almost guarantee I’ll suffer from that.
Back in my house building days unless I had someone working with me, I’d go from early morning to late evening without eating. Couldn’t be bothered with such nonsense when there was work to be done.

1 Like

LOL I’ve got at least one of these covered.

Oh, the :glowforge: is also in the room where the dogs get fed, so I always see the bowls to remind me. If not, believe me - Penny will remind me. She will not be denied her food.

7 Likes

Oops, 1:00 and I forgot to feed the dogs. They usually eat at about 10:30. Good thing Penny reminded me.

4 Likes

I’m a little jealous! Last night my wife made me come to bed. It was only midnight, for goodness sake! I had a good 3 hours left in me to play with Geordi!

8 Likes

i’m surprised the dogs let you forget

2 Likes

They were giving him those “sad puppy dog eyes”, but he couldn’t take his eyes off of GF…

7 Likes