Toggling between Perimeter cut settings

Being a “newbie” I’m having to cancel my prints often during layout due to my ignorance of navigating my settings. Okay done venting…SO, my latest issue is when using the premium outline cut feature.

I cant figure out how to toggle between a clean box setting around my prints to a couture outline…(which is what it is set on now)…SIGH

Do you have a question? Are you trying to cut it? Set it to cut in the step list on the left (which you left off your screenshot.)

I’ve never hear of a couture outline? Fashionable? It looks suitable to me.

Problems and Support opens support tickets with Glowforge staff. Was that your intent? You’ll need to provide more detail if you want their help.

Thanks for your fast reply first off…Yes sir It is a question. Its the premium feature to cut a print out. When I first got my glowforge a few days ago it would cut a nice box around my print and somehow I toggled this to where it would do a contour of whatever I printed. Sorry I just noticed I did a typo above on the word “contour”…lol, sry just a little frustrated but its all good. thx

1 Like

If you want a box, use the “square” tool and resize it to fit the design. The outline tool will follow the design shape, which is what you have.

1 Like

Lol…duh…Thanks eflyguy. I am sooo loving my Glowforge. I do try to search out the postings b4 I ask. (yaaa…this WAS my 1st post!) Have a great Holiday today.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums.

Strongly suggest you work thru the tutorials if you haven’t yet…

3 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you @eflyguy for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like