… and I’m not the least bit excited about that. I keep asking myself, what’s wrong with this picture? After 2 years of anxiously waiting (ok maybe only 1- 3/4 years of anxiously waiting as my waning enthusiasm creeped in about then) I found it profound that when my anticipated date changed from Dec 7 to Nov 29, I did not excitedly run down the stairs and gleefully exclaim to hubby, “My Glowforge will be shipping soon!” Instead I silently thought to myself, “Wow! A bunch of people must be bailing (cancelling) for my order to suddenly jump ahead two weeks!”
I tend to overthink things ( according to those close to me — personally, I think each project/life event takes however much thinking it is due) so maybe my lukewarm response to the impending ‘golden email’ has nothing to do with sixth sense concerns and more to do with the reality that the estimated air filter email date simultaneously moved out a month. Since my GF is a paperweight until the air filter materializes (if it ever does), the fact the GF email date moved up is immaterial. I can’t accept shipment of the GF until the air filter ships.
But I can’t get past the fact that I’m just not as excited as I was two+ years ago. Surely, if I’ve lived without it this long, it’s not a necessity. And the missing functionality bothers me. I understand that people that have never used or owned a laser cutter before may be excited by its capabilities. But as someone who’s had a laser cutter before — and who purchased this one due to its promised features — I’m frustrated that after a two+ year wait, this one will do what other laser cutters do with the same 30 step work-around.
So yeah, there’s my thought process on the eve of my golden email. Not exactly what I envisioned over two years ago when I breathlessly clicked the buy now button and entered my credit card number.
I’m sure the cheerleaders will be along to skewer me shortly. And to remind me that I can cancel m order and get my money back. I know. And it’s still a viable option. I haven’t ruled it out. But it appears I now have until June 8, 2018 to make up my mind (my current air filter email estimate).