Too cold in my living room?

Hello!

I’m getting the Too Cold error this afternoon. My Pro machine is in my living room. I am getting this error before I open the window to vent so there is no outside air getting in the machine. My living room is 69-70 degrees and I have never received this message until today.

Yesterday, my machine was too hot and had to cool down several times during 30-45 minute prints. Which previously I had cut with no issues…

With 2 new errors yesterday and today, too hot and too cold, I’m wondering if it could be a thermostat or temperature reading/regulating issue?

I have checked the fans and exhaust hose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

And now my machine is stuck on “Scanning” :frowning:
I’ve closed and reopened the browser and shut down/restarted my Pro.

Sounds like you might have a sensor or cable issue :frowning:
I think your best bet is to wait for support to come look at the logs, frustrating as that may be!

1 Like

Here’s a photo of my gold pins in the print head. (If this helps)

I’m sorry you’ve run into trouble with persistent warnings about the unit being too cold. I’ve extracted the logs from your machine to take a closer look. To help us investigate the issue, will you please send us some photos of the interior of your unit?

First, turn off your Glowforge. Then, assuming you’re using a smartphone, try these tips for great photos:

• Use flash
  • Zoom in using the digital zoom
  • Hold the camera/phone far enough back to get good focus.

Here are the photos:

Motor on the laser arm (and surrounding):

Inside, left of machine:

Pull the laser arm all the way forward.

Reach over the laser arm, and to the left of the inside of the unit and you’ll see this circuit board:

Left side of front door:

You can post the photos here on the forum, or email them to us at support@glowforge.com. Thank you!

Let me know if you need more photos.
Thanks for your help!

Guessing staff is looking for signs of corrosion given the broad request for pictures. Cutting PVC will create acid that corrodes metals, circuit boards and sensors. Doesn’t take much. To me your machine looks good. Though I have zero input.

2 Likes

Definitely no pvc here! This is the only thing I’ve cut that wasn’t plywood. :wink:
It’s my 3rd machine, so I have no idea what the previous owner/s cut with it.
My luck with these hasn’t been too good. My first machine had a roller that broke so they sent me a replacement machine. The second one had serious alignment issues, so they sent me another one. Now this one is overheating -and it’s too cold.
I just want a machine that works. I read about people running their machine for 10 or more hours per day. I don’t think I’ve had 10 hours per weeks, with any of my machines!
It’ so frustrating!

I tried turning on several times last night but couldn’t get past the
Scanning screen. Today I turned it on and I have the Too Cold error again.
It’s 70 degrees in my living room.

anxiously awaiting further instructions. Trying to be patient lol!

Thank you so much for sending over these photos!

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compare it with the information you’ve provided.

Unfortunately, I’d advise having this unit replaced. We’ll make sure the next replacement is a new unit. I sincerely apologize for the experience you’ve had so far, but I appreciate you working so closely with us to narrow down the trouble. I’ll follow up with the next steps directly via email, and close this thread.

3 Likes