Too Hot for printing but nothing is hot

Hi All!
So I have my glowforge set up in my basement, which stays very very cool, 55 degrees. We don’t usually heat it, it has the ability to be heated we just don’t generally use it. It’s been down there for approximately 2 months and this morning I got a “too hot to print” and the dreaded amber light. However, it is absolutely not hot, at all. Is it possible it is actually too cold? We turned the heat on to bring up the ambient temperature in the room. I am having a small mental moment because I have orders to burn and I now can’t! I know ya’ll feel my anxiety lol Any help or guidance would be fantastic! Thank you! p.s. I have never had this problem ever before.

If you contact Glowforge support, they can look at the logs and have access to a lot more technical details about what’s happening.

Worst case scenario is probably a failed temperature sensor. The only things you can really address yourself (besides the environment it’s in) are air flow issues. So it’s worth checking to make sure neither the intake nor the exit are blocked in any way, fans are all working and clean, and if you have an air filter, it’s not clogged.

6 Likes

Here are the temp specs:
The Glowforge Basic is designed for use between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75°F (24°C). The Pro has an expanded operating range up to 81°F (27°C).

4 Likes

Totally possible it was too cold. Get the space above 60⁰ and open up the lid so the interior gets the warmer air, then give it a go.

Thank you all for your responses! Ultimately I called customer service and they were able to log in to my glowforge remotely and reset the temperature sensor… ( I guess…?) (LOL) But either way whatever he did in there brought it back to working condition. I did bring the rooms temperature up to about 68-72 degrees and now it’s hanging out around there and working splendidly lol Thank you all again! I will be keeping the heat on from now on! At least until we are well into summer!

7 Likes