Too hot or to cold

I turned on my machine today and it said it was to cold so i let it run for a bit and now it says to hot. What do i need to do to fix this. I am behind on projects as it is.

1 Like

I have found that if left running the internal head fan without moving it will say it is too hot, and you can touch the head and nearly burn yourself. Or rather that happened to me twice (the second time for a far shorter time) after which I just let it sit for a few hours.

I have found that “engraving” a long piece of scrap at one power and top speed should give it the exercise without overheating. If there is still a problem there are several other possibilities but support needs to look at your data that other owners cannot see.

1 Like

I can touch every thing in side the machine and nothing feels hot. I just dont understand why it first said it was to cold then went to being to hot. The temp right now in the room is about 75.

1 Like

Then you will need support to look for alternatives.

Hello @brammersguns I’m so sorry your Glowforge printer is saying it’s either too hot or to cold. It looks like you sent us an email regarding this email. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.