Torn ribbon on new glowforge

hello! I just got my new glowforge and got an error message saying air assist fan error. We cleaned it my husband took it apart and he said the ribbon on the printer head is ripped. We have emailed support on Sunday and still haven’t heard back. I am soooo upset.

Uh oh! Did you get an automatic email response when you emailed? If so, they did get your message and assigned a ticket to it…they will be in touch when they have decided what the next steps need to be. (They are probably trying to track down a new carriage plate for you, so give it a few days…they need to get it from either the manufacturer or the repair facility, and that might take a day or two.)

If you didn’t get the automatic email, they will see your post here and get started on getting one for you…it will still take a few days, but you’re covered now.

Sorry, I know you’re in a hurry to jump in, but hang in there. It won’t be long. :slightly_smiling_face:

That cable shouldn’t cause the error (the air assist is back on the carriage plate mentioned above - the one you see is not the air assist, it’s a cooling fan for the head itself.

Unfortunately, the print head has to be calibrated when assembled. The machine may need to be returned.

Hello @jessicahanson25, I found that you already emailed us about this as well and I’ve just sent you a response there, so I’m going to close this topic.