Trivet: first project

Excited to be here. I got my glowforge a few weeks ago and have been playing and learning. I’ve completed my first project…a trivet made with 1/4” birch and 1/4” clear acrylic.
I also made a little package to secure the trivet in so it was ready to gift.
So appreciate this forum and all the cool ideas I’ve seen as I’ve been surfing.

46 Likes

That turned out very nice! I remember my first cut…so exciting:-) Welcome to the community!!

10 Likes

Really nicely done and I love the way it’s wrapped. Do you have the other pieces without the trivet in the foreground? I’d love to see how you assembled everything.

6 Likes

Thank you! I should have taken more pictures…but I was too excited to give it away. I’m making another tho for myself, so I will post those pictures once it’s done.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you will continue to share your projects. It is obvious you will enjoy having a Glowforge - and your friends will love the gifts you make for them.

11 Likes

Looks great

6 Likes

Welcome to the funhouse, nice work!
You have just found the best accessory for your new laser. :sunglasses: This is the place for any questions or help.

10 Likes

Welcome, this is beautiful!

7 Likes

This is incredibly true! I’ve gotten better about taking pictures during the process so that if I forget a final shot I still have something :stuck_out_tongue:

That is beautiful work, Tim should love it!

10 Likes

Truth. She has always been better at thinking to take ‘before and after’ shots. If I had been carrying a camera in my pocket since the '70’s my portfolio would be fat.

8 Likes

Nice design! Very polished and elegant.

4 Likes

Nice first project!

4 Likes

Clean and attractive, nicely wrapped!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum and Glowforge family! What a fantastic “first project.” Great job!

5 Likes

Looks great!!

2 Likes

What a wonderful first project! It’s a lovely gift, too.

Welcome to the forum; I hope we see more of your work.

5 Likes

Welcome and nice first project!

4 Likes

Nice project! I especially love how lovely you made the package!!

3 Likes